Sunday Service: SPEED UP! (Part 2)

(09-25-2022) Ptr. Lynard Molo

=SPEED UP! (Part 2)=

7 SEALS
1. The Antichrist
2. War
3. Famine
4. Death

*Revelations 6:9-17
"9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained.

+Altar: emphasizes that their life blood was poured out as an offering to God.

*Leviticus 4:7
"7 The priest shall then put some of the blood on the horns of the altar of fragrant incense that is before the LORD in the Tent of Meeting. The rest of the bull's blood he shall pour out at the base of the altar of burnt offering at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting.

+word of God & testimony they had maintained: Out of their love and loyalty to Christ.

*Matthew 24:9-13
"9 "Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.
10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other,
11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.
12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold,

+Difficult times will come.

*2 Timothy 3:1-5
"1 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days.
2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,
3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good,
4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God--
5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

13 but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

+Their love toward God and toward the church will "Grow Cold".

Grow Cold
-to disappear, to lose interest or enthusiasm for something or someone; to become unhappy or to fall out of love with someone.

*Galatians 5:22
"22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

+Love: True Christian will persevere to the end.

"TRUE LOVE CANNOT BE COLD"
-because it is sustained by Christ who is able to keep us from falling.

*Jude 1:24
"24 To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy--

10 They called out in a loud voice, "How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?"

+They made their cry to God and leave the matter to Him.

*Romans 12:19
"19 Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay,"says the Lord."

11 Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and brothers who were to be killed as they had been was completed.

+White robe:
> shows the purity of their character;
> fitted for the service to which they are appointed;
> signifies victory;
> color of rest;
> color of joy;

+They are waiting for their fellow servants who will win in their faith.

FIFTH SEAL: PERSECUTION

12 I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red,

Negative impacts without sun:
1. All plants will die.
2. Eventually all animals that rely on plants for food-- including humans-- will die.
3. No moonlight.
4. Earth will freeze.

Negative impacts without moon:
1. Lower tides.
2. Confusion in animals.
3. No season.

Negative impacts without the stars:
1. The sun is a star so without it, life would be extremely difficult.
2. The night sky will appear darker.
3. Sailing gets more dangerous at night.

13 and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as late figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind.

"In the Bible, planetary disturbances are often connected with the coming of Messiah."

*Zepheniah 1:14-15
"14 "The great day of the LORD is near-- near and coming quickly. Listen! The cry on the day of the LORD will be bitter, the shouting of the warrior there.
15 That day will be a day of wrath, a day of distress and anguish, a day of trouble and ruin, a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and blackness,"

14 The sky receded like a scroll, rolling up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.

+The sky disappeared and every mountain and island was moved from its place.

15 Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and every slave and every free man hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains.

+All people are equally brought low by God's wrath.

16 They called to the mountains and the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb!
17 For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?"

+What sinners fear most is not death, but to face judgement of God.

"Only the believer can stand before this great judgement, the one who is justified by grace through faith in Jesus Christ."

*Romans 5:1-2
"1 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.

"The believer can stand in the face of this great wrath of God because Jesus already bore the wrath the believer deserved."

---