Sunday Service: Red Light, Green Light: Overcoming a Wicked World

(10-10-2021) Bro. Allan Barabat

=Red Light, Green Light:
Overcoming a Wicked World=

*Hebrews 11:7
"7 By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that comes by faith."

*Genesis 6:5-6
"5 The LORD saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time.
6 The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain."

RED LIGHT:
*WWW (WICKED WILD WORLD)

1. Unrestrained Craving

"But when our appetites and our desires overtake our disciples, they enslave us."

2. Uncontrolled Corruption
3. Unrelenting Cruelty
*Genesis 6:11
"11 Now the earth was corrupt in God's sight and was full of violence."

-Morality vs Legality
-Divine Law vs Human Law

Social Consensus:
-mankind morality shape, divine and change by time and culture.

4. Undeniable Carelessness
*Matthew 24:38-39
"38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark;
39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man."

GREEN LIGHTS:
*In receiving the Grace of God

*Genesis 6:8
"8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.

*Genesis 5:29
"29 He named him Noah and said, "He will comfort us in the labor and painful toil of our hands caused by the ground the LORD has cursed."

Green Light of Active Faith
-Green Light to Gratefulness
-Green Light to Righteousness
-Green Light to Walk with God
-Green Light to Complete Obedience

*Genesis 6:9
"9 This is the account of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked with God.

*Genesis 6:22
"22 Noah did everything just as God commanded him."

*Hebrews 11:7
"7 By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that comes by faith."

*Ephesians 2:8-10
"8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--
9 not by works, so that no one can boast.
10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

Takeaways:
1. There is only One Door to overcome a wicked world.
2. God's grace resulting to active faith is the solution in overcoming a corrupt world.
3. Active Faith produces righteousness and complete obedience to God.