Sunday Service: Nang Umibig Ka't Mabigo

(02-28-2021)

=Nang Umibig Ka't Mabigo=

*John 21:15-17
"15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me more than these?" "Yes, Lord," he said, "you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Feed my lambs."
16 Again Jesus said, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me?" He answered, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Take care of my sheep."
17 The third time he said to him, "Simon son of John, do you love me?" Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, "Do you love me?" He said, "Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you."

Truths to Know:
1. Understand that pain is inevitable.

Peter - 'Petros' - means stone.

*Genesis 6:6
"6 The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain."

*Romans 1:24,26-27
"24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.
26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones.
27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

2. Forget but not the lesson.
*Mark 8:32
"32 He spoke plainly about this, and Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him."

3. Move on.
*Philippians 3:14
"14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus"

4. Live stronger.
*Ephesians 6:10
"10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power."