Sunday Service: Pure in Heart

(05-02-2021) Ptr. Lynard Molo

"Pure"
-Not fixed or adulterated with other substance.

Beatitudes:
1. Poor in Spirit. "Without God, we are nothing."
2. Spiritual Mourning. "Jesus' disciple must always mourn over sin."
3. Meekness. "Our attitude must be controlled by the power of Holy Spirit."
4. Spiritual Hunger and Thirst. "Divert our cravings of the world to His righteousness."
5. Merciful. "Put yourself on other people's shoes."

=Pure in Heart=

*Matthew 5:8
"8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God."

pure:
Greek: "Katharos" ;
-to be "clean, blameless, unstrained from guilt"

1. Purified by fire
*Malachi 3:2
"2 But who can endure the day of his coming? Who can stand when he appears? For he will be like a refiner's fire or a launderer's soap.

*Matthew 3:11
"11 "I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire."

"God is the one who makes our heart pure."

*1 Peter 1:7
"7 These have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.

Pagsubok: wala kang kasalanan, ikaw ay hinuhubog.
Pagpalo: ikaw ay may kasalanan, magbago ka.

Magpakatatag ka.

2. Pruning.
*John 15:1-4
"1 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.
2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.
3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.
4 Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

Heart
Greek: "Kardeeah"
-center of life

"The heart is what you are."

*Matthew 23:25-26
"25 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence.

"It is not enough to clean up our act on the outside."

26 Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.

"Jesus is concerned with our heart."

*Matthew 15:18-19
"18 But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man 'unclean.'
19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.

"Jesus came into the world because we have such dirty hearts that needs to be purified."

*1 John 1:9
"9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."

*Matthew 5:8
"8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God."

What is it to see God?
1. To be admitted to His Presence.
*Psalms 24:3-4
"3 Who may ascend the hill of the LORD ? Who may stand in his holy place?
4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to an idol or swear by what is false.

*Revelation 21:27
"27 Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life."

2. To be overwhelmed by His glory.
*Job 42:1-6
"1 Then Job replied to the LORD :
2 "I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted.
3 You asked, 'Who is this that obscures my counsel without knowledge?' Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know.
4 "You said, 'Listen now, and I will speak; I will question you, and you shall answer me.'
5 My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you.
6 Therefore I despise myself and repent in dust and ashes."

"To see God is to be overwhelmed by His Presence."

3. To be comforted by His grace.
*Psalms 27:7-9
"7 Hear my voice when I call, O LORD; be merciful to me and answer me.
8 My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, LORD, I will seek.
9 Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger; you have been my helper. Do not reject me or forsake me, O God my Savior.

*Hebrews 12:14
"14 Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord.

"Sin blinded us, PURITY is a prerequisite for seeing God."