Sunday Service: Forever Loyal

(06-05-2022) Ptr. Lynard Molo

=Forever Loyal=

Loyalty
-is not seasonal, not lasting only for a season, but in each season, until the end.

*Revelations 2:12-17
"12 "To the angel of the church in Pergamum write: These are the words of him who has the sharp, double-edged sword.
13 I know where you live--where Satan has his throne. Yet you remain true to my name. You did not renounce your faith in me, even in the days of Antipas, my faithful witness, who was put to death in your city--where Satan lives.

+Pergamum church was influenced by the evil environment.
+They remained loyal to God.
+They are willing to die for their faith in God.

Antipas
-was a physician suspected of secretly propagating Christianity.

*1 Corinthians 15:33
"33 Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character."

*Romans 12:2
"2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

14 Nevertheless, I have a few things against you: You have people there who hold to the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to entice the Israelites to sin by eating food sacrificed to idols and by committing sexual immorality.

+Wicked prophet

*Numbers 22:12
"12 But God said to Balaam, "Do not go with them. You must not put a curse on those people, because they are blessed."

*Numbers 25:1-3,9
"1 While Israel was staying in Shittim, the men began to indulge in sexual immorality with Moabite women,

+Greek: porneia
> translated as "fornication" and "idolatry".
> it means "a surrendering of sexual purity"
> in English word "pornography", coming from the concept of "selling off."

*Hebrews 13:4
"4 Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral."

*1 Corinthians 6:18-20
"18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body.
19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;
20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

*1 Thessalonians 4:3-5
"3 It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality;
4 that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable,
5 not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God

*Matthew 5:28
"28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

2 who invited them to the sacrifices to their gods. The people ate and bowed down before these gods.

Idolatry
-anything that you love, treasure, prioritize, identify with, or look for fulfillment outside of God, can be acting as an idol in your heart and life.

3 So Israel joined in worshiping the Baal of Peor. And the LORD's anger burned against them.
9 but those who died in the plague numbered 24,000.

15 Likewise you also have those who hold to the teaching of the Nicolaitans.
16 Repent therefore! Otherwise, I will soon come to you and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

+God will judge the unfaithful.

17 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it.

+Hidden manna:
-the nourishment your receive, the power from on high.
-gives strength and life.

+White stone and a new name:
-equivalent with innocence.
-signified acquittal.
-free from condemnation.
-found worthy.
-rock-hard faith and purity.
-a triumphant welcome for a victor.

"I will remain pure in the eyes of God."