Revival Night: Sweet Child of Mine

(08-09-2022) Bro. Allan Barabat

=Sweet Child of Mine=

*Romans 12:1-2
"1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship.
2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Sacrifice -- Worship -- Love

+Worship: is our love expressed to God as a response to his grace towards us.

*Genesis 22:2,5
"2 Then God said, "Take your son, your only son, Isaac, whom you love, and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains I will tell you about."
5 He said to his servants, "Stay here with the donkey while I and the boy go over there. We will worship and then we will come back to you."

"The law of first mention says that, to understand a particular word or doctrine, we must find the first place in Scripture that word or doctrine is revealed and study that passage."

+Sacrifice: is the foundation of LOVE and WORSHIP that pleases God."

T-ake on Godly commitment.

*Romans 12:1-2
"1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship.

Living Sacrifice is a Lifestyle Commitment: a daily offering of our lives to God.

Greater weights --- Lighter weights

O-rdain by God's mercy and grace.

*Romans 12:1-2
"1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship.

+True and Proper Worship

*Hebrews 13:5
"5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

*Philippians 4:6-7
"6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

"When worse times come, the best thing that you can do is Worship."

"True worship is not define by emotions, but a solution to drive out negative emotion."

"Sacrifice of Praise is our loved expressed to God in our worse condition."

D-epart from worldliness.
*Romans 12:2
"2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

*Ephesians 2:8-10
"8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--
9 not by works, so that no one can boast.
10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

O-verhaul by God's Transforming Power

"Romans 12:2
"2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

+++

"God, how can I serve you in the midst of my suffering?"

"Little or big sacrifices, it matters."