Sunday Service: Tanging Yaman

(05-29-2022) Ptr. Lynard Molo

=Tanging Yaman=

*Revelations 2:8-11
"8 "To the angel of the church in Smyrna write: These are the words of him who is the First and the Last, who died and came to life again.

+He is always existed and always will exist.

9 I know your afflictions and your poverty--yet you are rich! I know the slander of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.

+Their properties were confiscated by the government.
+They were not allowed to work or do business.

*Hebrews 12:4
"4 In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood."

9 I know your afflictions and your poverty--yet you are rich! I know the slander of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.

+They had spiritual wealth that no one could take away.

*Matthew 6:19-20
"19 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.
20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.

How can we store up treasures in heaven?
1. We are to treasure the Lord Jesus most of all.
2. When we live sacrificially for Jesus' sake or serve Him by serving other people and the body of Christ, we store up treasure in heaven.

1 Timothy 6:17-18
"17 Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.
18 Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share.

10 Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life.

+10 days: Short period of time.

Polycarp of Smyrna
-He was a bishop of the early church, a disciple of the apostle John.
-He was martyred by the Romans, and his death was influential, even among the pagans.
-The Roman proconsul took pity on Polycarp and urged him to renounce (deny) his faith.
-All he had to do was say, "Caesar is Lord," and offer a little bit of incense to Caesar's statue, and he would live.
-Polycarp's courageous response: "Eighty six years I have served Christ, and He never did me any wrong. How can I blaspheme  my King who saved me?"

11 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death.

"Ang Diyos ang aking TANGING YAMAN."