Revival Night: Champ

(10-11-2022) Sis. Gigi Velasco

=Champ=

*Psalm 78:70-72
"70 He chose David his servant and took him from the sheep pens;

"Kung pinili si David, pinili ka rin ng Panginoon."

"Champion ka anak kasi pinili kita."

"Nakikita ng Lord kung saan ka mahina pero pinili ka pa rin Niya."

C-Chosen

*1 Samuel 16:12-13
"12 So he sent and had him brought in. He was ruddy, with a fine appearance and handsome features. Then the LORD said, "Rise and anoint him; he is the one."
13 So Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the presence of his brothers, and from that day on the Spirit of the LORD came upon David in power. Samuel then went to Ramah.

David
-Youngest Son (8th)
-Teenage Shepherd
-Saul's Musician Giant Slayer
-Fugitive on the Run
-Jonathan's closest friend
-Hero to thousands
-Man of Blood
-Greatest King
-Exceptional Leader
-Psalmist
-Architect
-Powerful
-Charismatic

× Adulterer
× Murderer
× Weak at home
× Father to Absalom

"You are His choice!"

"You are entirely God's choice!"

"God chooses a man whom the world overlooks to do His will."

"When a man of God fails, nothing of God fails."

71 from tending the sheep he brought him to be the shepherd of his people Jacob, of Israel his inheritance.
72 And David shepherded them with integrity of heart; with skillful hands he led them.

H-eart After God

*1 Samuel 13:13-14
"13 "You acted foolishly," Samuel said. "You have not kept the command the LORD your God gave you; if you had, he would have established your kingdom over Israel for all time.
14 But now your kingdom will not endure; the LORD has sought out a man after his own heart and appointed him leader of his people, because you have not kept the LORD's command."

*Acts 13:22-23
"22 After removing Saul, he made David their king. He testified concerning him: 'I have found David son of Jesse a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.'
23 "From this man's descendants God has brought to Israel the Savior Jesus, as he promised.

"Ingatan mo ang Anointing mo."

"When God wants to prepare us for bigger things, He first teaches us to be faithful in small things."

"Because you understand that God never gives up on you, you never give up in God."

"A Champ is a Man After God's Own Heart"

A-llegiance with the Great I Am

M-over of an Army

"Choose your battles."

"Lord, I'm still gonna love you even though it hurts."

"Kahit di ko naiintindihan, I'll still worship you!"

*Psalm 78:70-72
"70 He chose David his servant and took him from the sheep pens;
71 from tending the sheep he brought him to be the shepherd of his people Jacob, of Israel his inheritance.
72 And David shepherded them with integrity of heart; with skillful hands he led them.

"ruth" --> means compassion, pity

"ruthless" --> means you go through life thinking of yourself. You see the pain of others, and it doesn't move you at all.

"Serve with love."

*1 Chronicles 12:17-18,21-22
"17 David went out to meet them and said to them, "If you have come to me in peace, to help me, I am ready to have you unite with me. But if you have come to betray me to my enemies when my hands are free from violence, may the God of our fathers see it and judge you."
18 Then the Spirit came upon Amasai, chief of the Thirty, and he said: "We are yours, O David! We are with you, O son of Jesse! Success, success to you, and success to those who help you, for your God will help you." So David received them and made them leaders of his raiding bands.
21 They helped David against raiding bands, for all of them were brave warriors, and they were commanders in his army.

"God will provide."

22 Day after day men came to help David, until he had a great army, like the army of God.

"Be a champion in adversities."

P-owered Up

*Acts 2:1-4
"1 When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place.
2 Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting.
3 They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them.
4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.

P-ress On

+++