Chapter 31

Katniss' POV
I'm walking with Peeta to Haymitch's house. It's today. Today we once again have to say goodbye to 12 and our families, but only for twelve days. The Victory Tour.

I'm now three months in, so I borrowed one of Peeta's jackets to cover my stomach. I still haven't told my mother, Haymitch, Effie, etcetera. And camera's will be everywhere, and I am not dealing with that.

When we reach Haymitch's house, I knock. Normally, I would just walk in, since he's probably hungover and home anyways. But Effie has been staying with him. Yes, I know, it sounds crazy, completely out of context, but as soon as she heard about Raze, she volunteered to help him. Why she's been staying with Haymitch instead of Raze, I don't know. I remember her blabbering about something with the Capitol being 'inhumane' when they didn't let her have her own house in the Victor's Village.
About the whole 'choosing to live with Haymitch' thing, I actually think that she likes to clean up after him, and yell at him, and keep him on a schedule that doesn't exist. Basically annoy him to the point of him drinking himself to sleep because he can't deal with her high pitched voice.
Effie opens the door with a big smile on plastered on her face.

"Lovely to see you two!" She exclaims. "Lovely to see you, too, Effie," Peeta smiles back, me nodding besides him. We walk into a completely clean Haymitch house, and I swear, my jaw drops and my eyes grow two sizes bigger.

"Effie, did you do all of this yourself? Or did you get Haymitch to help?" I ask. To be honest, the last one would be the most impressive one. There is not a single bottle, no dust, not a single missed spot from the cleaning tornado that is called Effie Trinket.

"All by myself," Effie sighs dramatically, rolling her eyes, really showing the pain she had to go through, because Haymitch didn't help her.

"Where's Haymitch now?" Peeta asks. "In bed," Effie answers, smiling proudly from ear to ear, making me assume that she is the one who got him into bed in the first place. That can be hard too.
I realize that there is no stench of alcohol hanging in the air, so I decide to ask Effie: "Have you also gotten him to stop drinking?" She sadly shakes her head. Good. He has to drink sometimes, otherwise he'll get really grumpy.

"I tried," Effie says, once again sighing dramatically, "but he got really angry with me, frankly, I didn't feel comfortable with not giving him some! He has a stare that can kill, children! Wouldn't surprise me if that's how he won his Games. Staring people to death!" She says the last part angrily, that anger definitely meant towards Haymitch's 'missing manners'. It's weird hearing Effie talk about Haymitch's Games, when he doesn't even talk about them himself. Almost creepy, actually.

I peek a glance at the clock hanging in the entrance. "We should get Haymitch up. Cameras are gonna be here in an hour." Right as I finish the sentence, I hear loud Capitol accents from outside. I can tell that Effie and Peeta - mostly Effie - also realizes it, since both of them walks towards the door. Effie opens the door, and excitedly runs out in the new fallen snow, still in tall heels though.

"Oh it is so good to see you all!" Peeta and I hear Effie exclaim. We walk out as well, to see Cinna, my prep team, Portia, who's both Peeta's and Raze's stylist, and also the prep team that they share. I walk straight into Cinna's embrace, and catch Peeta pulling Portia into a warm hug as well. I don't really know what kind of relationship they have with each other, but given the looks on their faces, I'm guessing it's the same as mine and Cinna's.

Cinna pulls away from the hug, saying: "Katniss, Peeta. Portia and I have someone we want you two to meet." Peeta and Portia pulls away as well, and Portia joins Cinna, so both of them are standing in front of us. Cinna waves a tall girl over, standing a little away from us. How could I not have seen her before?