Chapter 14

Katniss' POV
I feel Peeta stiffen, so I look up. Raze is running right towards the Cornucopia. Nova is running away, and then the camera films Ylja, also heading towards the Cornucopia. Both of them are a lot ahead of the other Tributes.

Raze grabs a tomahawk, two bags of supplies, and then he gets stormed by two from 11.

Raze's POV
My first kill. It felt so unrealistic. The guy from 11 and his sister came running. In self defence I cut this throat open. His body and face are lying in two different spots on the ground. The pretty, beige sand is now red and so is my body. His sister kneels down, and starts crying uncontrolably. It was so intense. I saw the light running out of his eyes. He knew that I was going to kill me.

I saw him mouthing his last words to me: "Coward" I begin to shake. Everything happened so quickly.

"RAZE! DUCK!" I duck.

I feel something flying over my head, and another body collapses on the ground. I turn around to face Ylja and her mace.

"KILL ME! PLEASE, PLEASE KILL ME! DON'T LET THE OTHER CAREERS KILL ME! I WANT TO DIE BESIDES MY BROTHER!" the girl from 11 screams.

"I.. I can't.."

"COW-" She is cut off from Ylja's mace smashing her head like a tomato, and yet again I am covered with blood.

"YLJA! DUCK!" I scream. She ducks, and my tomahawk cuts off a hand. On Ylja's brother. Why would he try to attack her?

"Let's get out of here!" Ylja yells. She turns to her brother.

"Good luck jerk," Ylja says cold hearted, yanking a bag out of his grip. We hear a canon, but it isn't Ylja's brother. Probably someone the Careers killed.

Katniss' POV
Ylja and Raze leave Ylja's brother, searching a little around for some more supplies from the Cornucopia. The Careers have taken off, and so has Ylja's brother. He's running after the other Careers.

They collect a few items and weapons, but not that many. There isn't a lot of stuff they can use.

They run in the same direction as Nova did. She's probably scared for her life. And just as I think that, she is being recorded. She found a hill of sand with a little hole in it, sort of like cave. From the outside, it's barely visible.

"Looks like our tributes have teamed up," I hear a voice over me. I look up from Peeta's shirt, where I had burried my face again, and look into Cashmere's eyes.

"I am sorry about what our tribute did to your son," Peeta says.

"He asked for it. I don't know why he thought trying to kill his sister was a good idea. He wouldn't have gotten a single Sponsor gift, if he behaved like that."

"Is he angry at her for going with Raze and Nova?" I ask.

"Yes. Furious, actually. But he knows how to take care of that non-existient hand. I've teached them both how to take care of lost bodyparts. He'll be fine, and I don't blame Ylja for taking his bag. Cashmere," She says, stretching her hand out to us. We both shake it firmly.

"Since they're allies, I think we should be too," she says, dumping down besides us.

Ylja's POV
Raze and I run away from the Cornucopia, heading the same way as Nova. I spot a girl from 7, carrying a big supply bag.

I speed up, and stop her running. At first, Raze sends me a confused look, but then he also blocks her.

"The bag or your life." I say, no expression on my face.