Chapter 18

Katniss' POV
I feel the car stopping, and Peeta leaving my side. Then, I can hear the door I am sitting besides, opening, and I feel Peeta's hand carefully taking mine, and caressing my knuckles with his thumb.

"Duck your head," he says, pulling me out of the car.

"Are you ready to see where you are?" Peeta asks, standing behind me.

"More than ready. I want this stupid blindfold off."

Peeta slowly pulls off the blindfold, and when I see where we are, my jaw drops.
We're standing in front of a gigantic marble building, the walls covered with gold and diamonds.

"Are we where I think we are?" I ask. Peetas arms locks around my waist from behind, and he rests his chin on the top of my head.

"Yes. Resurant Panemmè," he answers. It's the fanciest, best resturant in all of Panem.

"And we have a special table reservation," Peeta whispers. Then, he lets go of my waist, and pulls me into the building.

It's insane. Every single piece of furniture is made out of pure gold, and diamonds are covering it. Crystal chandeliers are hanging from the roof, and crazy colored makeup, clothes and wigs are everywhere.

"Mr. and Mrs. Mellark?" A girls voice says, in the formal, high pitched Capitol accent. For a split second I am waiting for Peeta's parents to enter, but then I remember that I am Mrs. Mellark.

"Yes, we have a reservation at 8pm," Peeta says. The waiter pulls out a little hologram, and searches for our reservation.

"Yes. Follow me, right this way," she says, as she starts to strut further into the resturant. Peeta and I follow her. When we get in to where everyone is eating, there is loud sounds everywhere. Laughing, yelling, crying, talking. But when everyone sees us, everyone grows silent, and everyone is staring at us. My grip around Peeta's arm, that I have been holding, grows tighter.

After what seems like forever, we reach a staircase. We walk up and then we step out on a big balcony. Everyone sitting out here are Victors.

We're shown our tables, given some menu cards, and then the waiter leaves, giving us a little remote.

"Press the green button when you're ready to order," she says, before leaving.

"Why are there so many Victors here?" I ask.

"It's the Victors balcony. The only place Victors can eat in this resurant. Mainly because they would get bombarded with fans, if they had to sit down there, with all the Capitol people." Peeta says, pulling out my chair. I sit down, and feel Peeta's soft lips kissing my cheek softly. Then, he sits down in front of me, on the other side of the table.

"How did you get a reservation? For how long have you been planning this?" I ask.

"This morning. You know, before the kisses on the balcony. I thought this could ease us up a bit, but you did that fine on your own, huh?" He lightly chuckles.

"I guess," I shrug. "Peeta, about that, can we maybe take it slow? I still need to get used to this, and I don't know how to explain it, because, well, we're obviously stuck with each other for eternity, but you know," I awkwardly say, lowering my voice.

"You don't have to be so awkward about it, Katniss. It's fine, I understand," he smiles warmly at me, reaching his hands out for mine. My hands are freezing, but as soon as Peeta takes my hands in his, they warm up.

"Are you cold?" He asks with a concerned look, realizing how cold my hands are. I consider lying, so that he won't be concerned, but it doesn't really matter that much, and lying about this is stupid.