Chapter 32

Katniss' POV
I wake up from a suprinsingly calm slumber. To be honest, I thought that being back on the train would give me a nightmare or two, but apparently not.

I carefully turn around in Peeta's arms, so I am facing him. He looks so peaceful, like all his concerns has been washed away. His mouth is slightly open, contracted in a peaceful smile. I nuzzle my head into the crook of his neck, and kiss it lightly, hopefully lightly enough to not wake him.

But it doesn't work. I feel his hands brushing over my back, and then his lips being buried in my hair.

"Katniss?" I hear him say in a tired, muffled voice.

"Don't," I say harshly, placing my index finger on his lips.

"But-"

"Go back to sleep," I demand.

"I've been awake for like ten minutes," he protests, wiggling off my finger, and turns my face away from his neck, and places a soft kiss on my mouth. I push him away, before burring my my face in his neck once again. Peeta then, once again, turns my chin to kiss me, but I dodge him, again burring my face in his neck, and he once again turns my chin. We keep on going like this for a little while, until he gives up.

"You're mean," he huffs, drawing circles on my shoulder. "No, I just don't give up," I mumble into his neck, brushing my lips over his soft skin. After that, a peaceful silence follows, a silence I never want to exit, to be honest. I feel so safe in Peeta's strong arms, and I never want him to let go of me.

"Gooooodmoooooooooorniiiiiiiing!" Fuck off, Effie. Seriously.

I don't try to hide my loud, angry groan when it escapes my mouth. Peeta chuckles at me, so I decide to roll away from him. The sheets are hiding us from Effie, so I am the only one who knows about Peeta's confused expression, when I roll away from him.

"Come on you two, it's time to get up! There are a lot of things on the program!" Effie exclaims, before dashing out of the room again, probably to wake up everyone else.

I get up from the bed, only to be pulled back in.

"You and I both know that Effie will get really angry with us, if we don't get up now," I state, trying to wiggle my arm out of Peeta's grip, but his grip just tightens. I turn to look into his eyes, that's giving me an intense stare, and his facial expression hardens. His stare is way too intense to look into, so I look away again.

"We need to talk."

What? About what? What does he mean? Isn't everything going great? Well, apart for the human growing inside of me that's going to get slaughtered in 12 years, but.. Everything's fine, right?

I instantly become defensive, as I coldly say: "About what?"
Peeta's face goes from hard to a little softer, almost apologetic, and concerned. He places his hand on my lower back, caressing the spot. "it's not bad," he says in a reassuring voice.

"Then, what is it?" I ask, turning to look him directly into his eyes, searching for a clue about what he is talking about.

"When are we going to tell the others?" I know what he's talking about, and it instantly make me feel sick. I place both my hands on my stomach, and look away from him. I must look really sick, because Peeta is all over me, asking me if I'm okay.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I huff. "Just.. Why? Why do we need to tell them?"

"Katniss, the problem isn't gonna go away, just because you ignore it. Besides, it's going to be pretty visible at some point." He sits behind me, and wraps his arms around me, placing his hands on mine, intertwining our fingers, and let's his head rest on my shoulder. I lean my head up against his.