Chapter 17

Katniss' POV
Five days. Five days have they survived. All three of them. But Nova still hasn't returned to Raze and Ylja. Ylja and Raze have been keeping their relationship low-key, which is good. The Capitol knows that they're together, but they're not like Peeta and I were. Not as crazy head-over-heels in love like we were. We've had a lot of problems with Sponsors, because of what Nova did. Cashmere hasn't been too lucky either.

A total of twelve has died so far. Meaning that there is still eleven to go, before we can get back to District 12. I just want it to be over with. I just want a couple mutts jump out, and kill the eleven that's back. But at the same time, I don't want to go home. There is so many horrible things awaiting. So many explanations. Moving, even.

Peeta and I have been kind of weird these last few days. It's after the whole 'I love you' thing. I am so tired of this awkward tension in the air, whenever we're alone together.

"Katniss, darling, are you okay?" Peeta softly asks. My eyes flickers a couple times, while I get back into focus. I realize that I've been staring at nothing this whole time. I smile at Peeta, and then at the Sponsor we're talking with. I smile at her, and nod as an apology.

"Sorry, just lost myself in thoughts for a moment there," I smile again, giving the Sponsor my best 'Capitol smile'. Peeta softly pricks to me with his nose, making me look up into his blue eyes. I find myself smiling, not because of the Sponsor being here, or possible cameras, but because of him. I reach up for him with my lips, and he bows down a little, pecking my lips softly.

"Awwwwww!" I turn to the Sponsor, who ruined the moment, and I send her a fake smile. She still falls for it though.

"So you think that Raze, maybe even Nova got what it takes?" She then asks Peeta. Peeta's arm, placed around my waist, pulls me a little more into him.

"Yes. But no one can win without Sponsors."

The woman sighs, and says: "I'll donate. Use my money wisely." And with that, she struts away.

Then, Finnick Odair approches us.

"Hello Finnick. Thought we'd seen the last of you," I snarl at him.

"Katniss.." Peeta quietly says, in a little annoyed tone, just like he always does when he can feel my anger starting to boil.

"Nice to see you too, Katniss," Finnick camly says, smiling at me.

"Peeta," he says, reaching his arm out towards Peeta.

"Finnick," Peeta says, shaking his hand firmly.

"I am really impressed with how you've stepped up your acting game," Finnick says quietly, almost whispering.

"It's because it's not an act anymore," I quietly snarl at him.

"Sure it isn't," he smirks.

"Finnick, what are you here for?" Peeta asks.

Finnick, who bowed down a little before to whisper, straigthens, and turns his attention to Peeta.

"Nova has a new ally. Meaning that you two have a new ally as well. Me."

My jaw drops, and I start looking around for a tv-screen.

"If you're looking for evidence, there's a screen over there," Finnick says, pointing at something behind him, before leaving.

"Good chat. Goodbye!" He says, walking away.

Peeta and I hurry over to the screen, and Finnick's right. Nova is sitting with the tribute from 4, a girl who's the same age as Nova. I remember Nova mentioning that she did meet someone nice in training. I am guessing that this is her.