Chapter 10

Katniss POV
I can't believe what I am hearing. I am completely speechless. Is it really that obvious? The current music number stops, and Finnick lets go of me, and walks over to, I think his girlfriend, Annie Cresta.

Prim comes running over to me with Peeta behind her. She starts laughing like a maniac, while Peeta is panting. Hardcore.

"What did you do to Peeta, little duck?" I ask her.

She just laughs even more, and runs over to Nova. They immediately start laughing hysterically. Apparently they like each other. This makes me think about Rue. How she could be standing besides them, laughing with them. I let out a faint sigh, but Peeta notices.

"Are you okay?" Peeta asks, as he puts his arm around me. I see a camera in the corner of my eye, so. I say:

"Now I am," and kiss him lightly on his soft lips. But he doesn't buy it. He knows me too well.

"Let's talk somewhere private," he says, wrapping is arm around my waist, gesturing me outside, where there isn't any cameras.

We find a spot where there isn't anybody parting. It's quiet, and under a willow tree.

We sit down, and. I snuggle into Peeta.
We sit for a while, just admiring the stars.

"Okay, there's no cameras. What was the problem?" Peeta whispers into my hair.

"When I saw Prim and Nova talk together.. I just wished that Rue was standing there too," I mumble into his tux.

His arms wrap around me, pulling me closer, as close as I can come, actually.

"And I don't want Prim to become friends with Nova. We both know she won't make it. Prim will be crushed."
I'm about to cry, but I don't want to in front of Peeta. And my prep team will most likely faint, if my makeup is ruined.

"Listen, Katniss. If you want Raze to win, we'll make Raze win. If you want Nova to win, we'll make Nova win. Just like Haymitch told us: Everyone loves us. We have mountains of Sponsors. We can easily make them win. Or at least help them."

I look up into Peeta's eyes, and nod. He looks so sure, so confident, and his eyes are glistening with hope and promises.

"Okay," I whisper, as I realize that I'm staring at his lips. He smiles, meaning that he realized it too. He does a weird little movement with his lips, and lean in against me. My hand moves up, cupping his face. I look him once in his eyes, before looking back down on his lips. Then, I close my eyes, and I can feel our lips connect in a sweet, soft, lovingly kiss.

Wait.. Lovingly? It must be him making it like this, not me, right? I still don't know if I love him. Or do I?
I remember what I yelled after him, when he left, that night before he tried killing himself. That I loved him. I don't think he heard it, and I don't know if it's true, or I just yelled it out of frustration.

"Katniss?" Peeta asks, as he pulls away a bit. I realize that I got so caught up in thinking, that I stopped kissing him.

"Oh, sorry, got too caught up in thinking," I whisper, pulling him back to continue the kiss, but he pulls away.

"Katniss, this is not right."

He's right. It isn't. Yesterday feels so unreal. Like it was a weird dream. It still feels weird kissing him. And whenever I do, I feel bad for him.

"We have to talk about this, Katniss. It's not right. It's really confusing actually."

I nod slowly, feeling guilty for using him yet again.

"Let's not kiss.. Like this, you know, not acting, until you find out where we stand. I'm sorry Katniss, but it hurts too much." His sad face makes me want to kiss his pain away, but that would just make it even worse.