Chapter 27

Katniss' POV
I turn around to see who said that. Peeta.

The way he looks at me, tells me he still thinks about that amazing day. And that amazing night.
I still do too. Every night before I fall asleep. How his touch felt, how he smelled, how his kiss felt. But one of the only good memories I had left, obviously had to be shattered at some point. I'll just never get to be happy.

"Umm, this is awkward. You're good, Katniss? Great! I'll just... Go," Madge says, before running off.

Peeta slowly walks over to me, stops in front of me, and awkwardly look at me.

"I'm pregnant!" I blurt out. I quickly cover my mouth with hand, and both mine and Peeta's eyes grow big. Luckily, there's no one else in the streets, so no one heard me.

---

Peeta escorts me into his house in the Victors Village, that he lives alone in. We walk into the living room, and I dump down on a couch. Peeta takes place in a chair in front of me.

"Is this why you have been ignoring me for the past two months?" He asks, sighing loudly.

"Yes.." I mumble in a shaky voice. I look down, so he won't see the tears in my eyes. But I guess I wasn't quick enough, because I can suddenly feel his arm around me, comforting me. I turn my head, and bury it in his shirt, and cry like a baby.

---

"Who knows besides Madge?" Peeta asks as he comes out with two cups of tea, handing one of them to me.

"Prim... And Gale.." I'm afraid how he'll react, but he's awfully calm.

"Gale, huh? Also one of the reasons for you ignoring me?" He just asks, showing no emotion.

"Peeta!"

"What? When you've been ignoring me, and not telling me about this, of course I'll take a second to ask myself if it's even my baby."

I get an urge to yell at him, but I control myself. It wouldn't be fair, and I understand why he would think that.

"It is yours.. I took Madge out to the woods today, and Gale was there, but we didn't know. So when I told her, he jumped out of nowhere, screamed and then left. You are not the only one I've been ignoring. The only person besides the people that live in my house, that I've been talking to, is Madge. I haven't even said a word to Gale, since we came back," I explain.

Peeta dumps down besides me, puts down his tea, and then he takes takes mine out of my hands, and put it down as well, and take my hands in his.

"Katniss, we'll get through this. He or she won't end up in the Games, I promise you. And, if they do, we'll get them out. Okay?" I find myself staring at his lips, moving up and down, back and fourth.

"Okay," I whisper. I look down at our hands.

"I've missed you," I say quietly.

He lets out a light chuckle, and then says: "I've missed you too."

He lifts my chin up, and slowly moves closer to me, until our lips meet in a kiss that I've been wanting for over two months now.

Fireworks fly everywhere inside of me, as I remember that I am actually kissing my husband. And that I love him. I love him so, so much.

I tackle him, and get on top of him.

The kiss feels like it goes on the whole evening. And I'm perfectly fine with it. In fact, I never want it to stop.

---

"Katniss, can you promise me something?" Peeta asks me, as I am cuddled up in his embrace.

"Depends. What is it?" I ask, turning my head to his.