Chapter 21

Peeta's POV
I feel a pair of familiar lips on mine, thinking that they are waking me up. But I've been awake for a long time. Katniss had a nightmare, and so did I. And after both of us woke up, I couldn't fall asleep again. I've been switching between admiring Katniss, and trying to fall asleep. But I couldn't. Every time I had the same nightmare.

Instead of Nova talking in the arena, before she took her last breath, it was Katniss. She said goodbye to basically everyone, execpt for me.

As I feel her lips on mine, I kiss her back, feeling her confusion.

"Thought you were still asleep," she mumbles sleepily, pulling away.

"I weren't," I smile.

"Wait, for how long have you not been asleep?" She asks in a worried tone. She grabs my face, and start examining it.

I ignore her question, take one of the many pillows in the bed, and hide my face with it.

"Peeta, that's not funny. If you can't fall asleep after the nightmares, then there is a serious problem. You have to get that checked out."

"It has never happened before," I grunt.

"What was it about?"

I don't want to tell her. She'll just think that I don't believe that she loves me.

"I'll go make some pancakes," I say, pecking her lips. Then, I roll out of the covers, and get up.
I walk over to the closet, and pull out a shirt and some sweat pants.

"Peeta, I am serious. It is serious. It is dangerous to lose so much sleep."

I feel her hands grabbing my wrists, turning me to her, forcing me to look into her beautiful grey eyes.

"Katniss, it has happened once, okay? I'm fine."

"You haven't seen yourself in the mirror yet. I am sorry, but you look terrifying." I can see the honest concern in her eyes. But why is it such a big deal? It is not like I haven't slept at all.

I pull her into me, and wrap my arms around her, resting my cheek on the top of her head.

"I'm fine, okay? Don't worry about me." I say calmingly.

"I just love you, okay? I don't want anything to happen to you," She mumbles into my bare chest. I can feel her lips moving up and down. She moves a little, coming closer to my body. Her bare skin against mine makes my insides blow up with fireworks.

"I just love you too, okay?" I say, mimicking her voice. "And I don't want you to feel bad for me," I lift my head from hers, and bring her face up to mine, kissing her passionatly.

Our lips move perfectly in sync, making the hunger grow inside of me. And by the way she is kissing me, I can tell that she is feeling it too. I've always been able to tell when her kisses were real or not. Now I feel them being real every single time.

She jumps up into my arms, and wraps her legs around my waist, not breaking the kiss.

I throw her down onto the bed, crawling on top of her. Her hands move up and down my back, sometimes move up to the back of my face, pressing it down to hers.

My hands slide up her back, and brush over her bra. I feel myself shivering as I think about what would happen if..

Katniss sits up, and pushes her body against mine, tackles me and lies on top of me.
Her hands slide down the sides of my thighs.

She breaks away from the kiss, her chest quickly moving up and down against mine. I can feel her heart beating against mine.

---