Chapter 34

Katniss' POV
"Why do you always have to ruin everything?" Peeta says jokingly, even though the annoyance in his voice is obvious.
"I was bored," I complain. "So I thought I'd surprise you. What is that?" I point at the white piece of fabric he threw over something, when I entered.
"A surprise, but now you kind of ruined it."
"I didn't see what it was," I defend myself.

His arm finds my waist, pulling me as close as possible, with my belly. "Are you still mad at me?" He murmurs quietly in my ear.
"No.." I breathe out, as his lips trail down the side of my neck, leaving warm kisses. My legs feels like spaghetti, as I almost collapse by his touch.

I swear to God, this boy will be the death of me.

He lifts his head, his eyes meeting mine. I brush some of his blonde curls away from his forehead, picking up a lock in my hand, rolling it gently with my thumb and index finger. He presses his lips against mine, but only for a brief moment.

"Since you were clearly lying about having to work, can we go home?" I ask. "We still have time to for our plans." Peeta grins at me, before grabbing his coat, and pulling it on. He throws his arm around my shoulders, and walk me out into the bakery.

Saying that his brother was staring at us, would be an understatement.
His eyes grew around ten times bigger, and his jaw dropped to the floor. He had disbelief written all over, across his face, and he even dropped a freshly baked loaf.

"I'll see you tomorrow," Peeta tells his brother, and gives him a wave.
"S-see you.." His brother stammers.

"Well, that was awkward," I grin when we're outside.
"Indeed it was. And now I'll never be able to hear the end of it," Peeta shakes his head.
"What do you mean?"
"Well, he can't keep a secret," he says, pointing with his thumb, over his shoulder to the bakery. "My entire family will know about this soon enough," he laughs.

---

So, our plans never happened.

Instead, we just ended up cuddling and kissing on the bed the entire day.

l'm positioned in Peeta's arms, my head resting on his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat, while he is fiddling with my hair, occasionally massaging my scalp. Kneading bread your entire life apparently makes you professional at massaging as well, because oh my God, this feels amazing.

I realize a moan that escaped my lips, when Peeta stops, and looks down at me. "Enjoying ourselves, are we?"
"Less talking, more magic," I say harshly, closing my eyes, as to prove a point.

Instead of doing what I actually told him to do, his hands slide down to hold me. Not that I don't like him holding me, but come on, I just want my freaking head-massage.

He kisses me on the top of my head though, which I guess kind of makes up for it. His kisses trails down on the side of my face, until they find my lips, giving them one as well. "Are you really not going to tell me what you are hiding in the bakery?" I ask him when we pull away, poking my index finger into his chest.
"No, I am not."
"Why not?"
"Becauuusee," Peeta teases, lifting himself up on his elbow, leaning very close to my face.

"It's a suprise," he whispers, and pulls away, laughing, when he sees the scowl on my face.

---

Hiii.
OMG YOU GUYS PROBABLY HATE ME I AM SO SORRY! I know it's been FOREVER since I updated the last time, but school is a pain in my beautiful butt atm so..

The reason why this chapter is so short, is because it's just a filler chapter, so I can get back to the exciting stuff. So, basically, I'll skip a few months for the next chapter, but you'll all see that soon anyways.

🍬I'll hopefully see you soon, and don't forget to comment and vote!🍬
✨Sille