Chapter 4

I wake up in Peeta's secure arms.
Shit.
I'm still using him.

I snake out of his arms, trying not to wake him.

I put on a silk morning robe, and quietly walk out of the room.

I head up the staircase, that leads to the kitchen. I want to make things a little better. So I decide to make pancakes.
There is a little screen on one of the pastel walls, and above it, it says: "COOKBOOK (turn on by touching the screen)"
I press my finger on the dark glass, and it lightens up instantly. I find a recipe for pancakes.

---

After making the batter, (that's really clumpy by the way,) I turn on the stove, and put a pan over it. The recipe said to butter the pan. I have no idea what it means, so I just throw some butter on the pan. I dump on the clumpy mixture, and it instantly starts smoking. How is that even possible? How could that happen?

The fire alarm starts, and moments later I am dragged away by Peeta, fixing the mess I was making.

"Does everything you touch burn into flames, or are you just really bad at cooking?" He asks me, giving me an concerned look.

"Both," I confess, letting a little smile play on my lips from his comment. He smiles back to me. That cute, shy smile that just warms your heart.

He sticks a finger down into the batter, and then bring it into his mouth. His face goes from smiling, to frowning, and he spits it out in the sink, rinsing off his tongue with the water running.

"What were you making?" He asks concerned.

"Pancakes," I say quietly, embarrassed.

"It can't be that bad," I say a bit louder, when he keeps spitting in the sink.

"Try it," he says, lifting an eyebrow at me. I do, and it really is that bad. I feel like I'm going to throw up, so i join Peeta by the sink, now both of us throwing up my horrible pancake batter.

"Uck! There were an egg shell in there!" Peeta complaints.

---

"Why didn't you just ask me to cook in the first place?" Peeta asks, when we are sitting by the dining table, eating Peeta's, not only good, but editable pancakes.

"I didn't wanna wake you, and it was kind of my way for saying sorry..."

"for what?" He says confused to me.

"For using you. Taking advantage of you for my own survival," I say with hurt in my voice, trying to make him understand that I really am deeply sorry.

For what seems like forever he just stares at me. But then he puts his arm around my shoulder, pulling me a bit into him. He nudges my arm, as he says:

"It's my fault too, and no, don't argue with me," he says, putting a finger on my lips. So, I don't.

---

"Let's go," I sigh.
We walk through the door, out of our apartment, and get to the elevator. We're holding hands the whole time, since this place is packed with paparazzi's. They usually hide, so even if we're not sure if there is anyone, we have to kiss. Not that I don't like it, I just hate it being forced.

I spot a light flashing from a plant, and a big, rainbow colored wig.
I let out a very faint sigh, that no one but myself could possibly notice, and then drag Peeta's ear down to my lips.
For outsiders, it'll look like we're flirting and having fun, when in reality, all I'm saying is: "Pap, sorry for forcing,"
before I pull seductively away, waving with my long eyelashes, and leaning in.