Chapter 12

Peeta's POV
I wake up with Katniss in my arms. She's still asleep, so I press my lips down against her hair. For a long time they just rest there, not doing anything, but then I decide to get up. I walk out to the kitchen to prepare some pancakes.

After a while, I can feel arms snaking around my waist, but they don't go far, before being pulled back.

"Sorry, forgot," Katniss' voice speaks from behind me. I turn to see her hair in a bun. I've never seen it like this, but it looks pretty cute. She has a light pink silk rope on and some matching slippers. I realize that's she's staring at my stomach, and that I forgot to put on a shirt.

"Oh, forgot shirt, I'll go get one, don't burn the apartment down while I'm gone, okay?" I tell her, and walk past her, but she grabs my arm, turning me to her.

"No!" She looks me intensly into my eyes.

"I'll just burn the apartment down."

I know that isn't the reason that she doesn't want me to leave, but I politly jerk my arm out of her grip, and say: "I am freezing, and I was kidding. You won't burn the apartment down, just don't touch anything."
I don't want there to be any sexual tension between us, and her staring at my abs is not helping the situation.

She nods slowly, as I dissapear into the bedroom. I grab a grey t-shirt and put it on. I also decide to change my sweatpants, since they don't really go with my shirt. I pull them down, grab a pair of black sweats. Just as I put one foot into the leg of the sweatpants, the door flies open.

"OH MY GOD KATNISS!" I yell, covering my crotch with the sweatpants.

"Oh.. my.. God..." She whispers, covering her mouth, but not her eyes.

"KATNISS, STOP STARING AT MY GODDAMN CROTCH, PLEASE!"

She gasps, realizing that she is staring, and covers her eyes with her hand.

I pull on the sweatpants, walk over to her, and teasingly slap her in the back of her head, making sure it doesn't hurt. You know, just a friendly, playful slap on the back of the head, when your friend is an idiot.

But then I remember that we got married yesterday.

I stop up and think about it. I am married to a girl who doesn't know her feelings towards me. The thought makes tears fill up my eyes, but I blink them away.

"Peeta, are you okay?" She turns to me with a concerned look, and puts her hand on my cheek, rubbing it with her thumb. I can feel the ring pressing on my skin making me emotional again, but I fight the tears, not letting a single one escape.

But one apparently does anyways, because Katniss' thumb wipes something away.

"Peeta, please, don't cry.." she whispers soothingly.

"If you cry, then I'll cry," she laughs slightly, but her face is still concerend.

I turn away from her hand, not wanting any pity, and say:

"Let's go eat."

---

The tribute's interviews are being held tonight, meaning that this year's Mentors will be interviewed first.

Venia, Octavia and Flavius, Katniss' prepteam comes storming in.

"OH MY GODNESS WE FINALLY FOUND YOU TWO!" Octavia squeals.

"WE HAVE BEEN LOOKING EVERYWHERE FOR YOUR APARTMENT! WE GOT THE WRONG ADRESS! OH MY GOD KATNISS, CAN YOU LET GO OF YOUR HUSBAND FOR ONE SECOND? WE'RE LATE COME ON!!" Flavius screams, running around in circles out of pure stress. Octavia joins him.