Chapter 6

Peeta's POV

Why is she crying? Is it really that bad so be married to me?
I'm about to tell her that if she doesn't want to be married to me, that's fine, but then I remember that we have to get married.

I don't want to think like this, but I hope she knows I have feelings too. Like, can she not cry in front of me?

"Katniss, are you crying?" I whisper. She isn't crying, but her eyes are completely filled with tears. She could burst at any minute.

She doesn't answer, so I get up from my seat, and sit besides her. She is sitting on a little sofa, so there's room for both of us. I put my arm around her, waiting for her to shove it off. But she doesn't.

She scoots closer to me, and burries her face in my shirt. Then, she starts to cry. A lot.

It's quiet, so no one can hear, but it's a lot.

"I'm.. I'm sorry. This isn't okay.. It's... It's not fair to you," She says inbetween sobs.

"It's okay, it's okay," I say while stroking her arm. But it isn't. I feel like crying too. She is hurting me like hell, and I'm just comforting her. But I'll always do that, because she's my one true love.

After a while, she stops, but she doesn't look up. She's too embarrassed.

"Katniss, you know you can look at me, right? I'm not mad at you," I try. But I am, I really, really am. And I know that it isn't fair to be angry at her. Everything is my fault, but still.

I start to stroke her hair, and after a while she finally looks up. Her eyes are red and puffy, and she still have leftover tears under them. I wipe the tears away with my thumb.

"What about some dessert?" I ask, trying to lighten the mood.

"Yeah, but I'm not that hungry. Can we share?" She asks. That's a dream come true right there.

"Sure, what do you want?" I ask, as I pull the dessert card up

After a while of her skimming our options, she says: "That chocolate cake sounds really good!"

"Sure, I'll go find the waiter," I agree, and get up from my seat.

When I find the waiter, I order and get back to Katniss.

"It should be here in like ten minutes," I say. She nods, and I sit down besides her again.

---

The cake arrives, and we each get a fork out, and dig into the cake.

"It's pretty good. But not as good as when you bake," She says with a shy smile.

"Thank you," I say back.

---

While we eat our cake, we laugh and talk about nonsense, and goof around. At one point, I take some frosting on my finger, and smear it on her nose. Luckily, she doesn't get angry, she just laughs. I also feed her with my fork. She looks really cute when she let's the fork enter her mouth.

"I wish I could freeze this moment right here, right now and live in it forever," I suddenly say. I don't know where it came from, but it's true. She is in my arms, we are having fun, she's actually smiling, everything is perfect.

"Okay," she says with a little smile.

"What? You're allowing me?" I tease her.

"If that's what you want," She says, shrugging.

---

We're back in our apartment, and Katniss is preparing for dinner with the others in the bathroom, while I'm trying to figure out how to turn the lights on in our bedroom, so it's not dim, romantic lighting.