Chapter 16

Katniss' POV
The kiss is slowly slowing down, probably because both of us are crying. When we pull away, nobody knows what to say.
We're not even looking at each other, actually. I am just sitting in his lap, looking at my hands, and he is looking away.

"We'll never be normal, huh? Crying while making out, our salty tears mixing," Peeta suddenly says, slowly turning his head to me.

I nod, not knowing what else to say.

"Don't do this agin," he says.

"Do what? Kiss you?"

"Not say anything."

"Sorry.." I mumble.

"Don't apologize, just don't do it again."

My legs, already wrapping around Peeta's waist, pulls me closer into his body. I rest my arms around his neck, laying my head on his shoulder. His arms are holding me close and tightly around the waist, not letting go of me.

After a while, I finally have enough courage to say it.

I look him straight into his ocean blue eyes, and say:

"I love you Peeta."

He shifts a bit, stares at me, first with a 'I-don't-believe-you' expression, but then happiness and relief washes over his face.

"I love you too, Katniss."

His face is so close to mine, that our lips are almost touching. He gives me a soft peck, but I want more, so I kiss him back.

It's soft, slow, comfortable, and feels like safety. It's not nicer than the aggressive one before, it just feels different. It's different kind of love feeling. It's not something that makes me want to rip his clothes off, or cry violently. It's slow and warm.

---

We've been lying on the couch, watching the Games. It's weird how it doesn't effect us the same way it did before. Before we won.
No one has died today. Yet.

"Can we do something else than watch this?" I ask Peeta, turning to him.

"Like what?"

"I don't know," I mumble, playing with my ring.

"Hmm, what about this?" Peeta smirks, cupping my face, pulling it close.

"I think this would be better," I whisper, before connecting our lips.

---

Raze's POV
"We should search for some food," I say, looking at Nova and Ylja.

"Okay. I suggest that Nova stays here, and Raze and I go out there," Ylja suggests.

"Why do I have to stay? So you two can fuck?" I stare at Nova and so does Ylja.

"Really? It actually matters if I curse? My days are numbered, and I have read too many books to not know a single thing about sex and sexual attraction. I am not stupid. Let me say what the fuck I want to. Besides, I want to have fun too," she says coldly, grabbing a knife, throwing it in the air, and then catch it.

This is the second day, and she's already gone mad.

"Let's go," I say, not wanting to face the insane side of my little sister anymore.

---
Nova's POV
"NOVA!" Raze screams. I turn around to see a tribute running towards me. He has a hammer in his hand, ready to attack me. Three other tributes comes running after them, one of them only with one hand. The Careers. I act quickly. I jump onto him, punching him in the face. He falls to the ground, and I twist his neck.

He is dead.

I killed him with my bare hands.

Ylja's mace flies after one of the other Careers, the one with two hands, but misses. They quickly run away.

"Nova, Nova, are you okay?" Ylja asks, running over to me. She holds me, rocking me back and fourth.
Raze is just staring at me.

"What? You've killed too, remember?" I hiss at him. I get out of Ylja's grib, and stand up.

"What is wrong with you?" Raze spits out.

"I did what this freakshow wants me to do. Kill." The anger in my voice and face is insane.

Then, I do the only thing I can think of. Run away. I still remember what Katniss and Peeta said about not being allies with Raze. I hope they're happy now.

I am just another part of this fucking freakshow.

---

Hiii.
Guys, I am so sorry for this shitty chapter. I have the worst writers block right now, and I have literally been writing all day today, or at least trying to. Plus, I have a big test coming up in math on wedensday, so I have to study.
Once again, so sorry!

🍬I'll hopefully see you soon, and don't forget to comment and vote!🍬
✨Sille