Chapter 5 - Fighting

— Natasha's POV —

I hear Agent Winter whispering pathetic as we walked out and I had to smile. I once always was just the same as she is right now.

-Tony: "We can't trust not one of them.", he said as soon as we reached the conference room.
-Thor: "I would take Loki with me, just like the usual plan was and you guys have to deal with Winter."
-Steve: "And what should we do with her? She is dangerous and she probably can escape prison very easy."
-Natasha: "Let me talk to her."
-Bruce: "Why? What would that help us?"
-Natasha: "I know how she feels right now. She's lost, but if we give her a home then maybe she'll be a good Agent for us."
-Tony: "Natasha you can't just assume that everyone is like you. We have to-", I interrupted him.
-Natasha: "If Fury wouldn't have been, then I would have been an enemy of you too."
-Fury: "Let them speak."

We walked back to the cell and saw them fighting, again.

-Tony: "Hey! Stop!", they looked at us and stopped fighting when they noticed someone came inside.
-Steve: "What is this all about?"
-Y/n: "He wants to manipulate me, to tell me that I am allegedly a Valkyrie."
-Loki: "Brother, it's true. You know that I can't manipulate, I can just get into her memories.", everyone looked at Thor.
-Fury: "Is that true?"
-Thor: "Yes."
-Y/n: "What!?"
-Loki: "I assume someone took her memories. Let me help, brother.", he comes closer to the glass that separates them from us.
-Thor: "I wish I could trust you, but we have to do this otherwise."
-Tony: "I call Strange."
-Y/n: "Wait, what are you talking about? I'm not a Valkyrie. Don't believe his tricks!", she yelled as we walked outside.

— your POV —

I am so angry. I turn around to Loki and hit him with my foot.

-Y/n: "I don't know how you just made them believe you, but that's not gonna work with me.", I attacked him.
-Loki: "I'm not lying, I'm telling the truth."
-Y/n: "You can be lucky that I have those handcuffs on my wrists."
-Loki: "Stop, come on. Why should I lie?", I actually stopped, but I looked at him with an angry expression.
-Y/n: "I know men like you. They don't always have reasons and especially the god of mischief doesn't need any reasons to lie."
-Loki: "And you think that my brother would be that easy to manipulate?"
-Y/n: "Your brother doesn't even know you, or did he know that you are a frost giant? Or that you faked your death?", I could see his pain in the eyes.
-Loki: "You're afraid, that's why you're not realising the truth. I even bet that you're the goddess of pain."
-Y/n: "I take that as a compliment.", I sat down on that one bench that was inside the cell.
-Loki: "Is it safe to sit beside you now, or are you trying to kill me as soon as I sit down?"
-Y/n: "I don't know. Why don't you find it out?", I joked and he sat beside me.

We didn't talk, we just sat there and tried to recover from everything a little bit. The wound on my throat still hurts, but it stopped bleeding and the blood on my shirt is already dried.

-Y/n: "So, what did you do this time to end up here again?"
-Loki: "I tried to take over Midgard while they were fighting Thanos."
-Y/n: "Impressive and good timing. Why did it not work?"
-Loki: "When they came back, they brought everyone and they were too many."
-Y/n: "So you are weak. That's what you want to say.", I teased him.
-Loki: "I'm not weak, or does this give you a feeling of weakness?", he grabbed my throat and is very close to my face.

He really has a thing for throats. It hurts a bit, but I can feel his breath on my skin, I get goosebumps and it lets me forget the pain. His eyes look up on me and I can feel him scanning me. Then some of the others came inside and I pushed him away, that it looks like we were having fight again. He smiles and licks his lip.

-Tony: "Dr. Strange will come here tomorrow and until then you two have to stay inside this cell."
-Steve: "Try to not kill each other until tomorrow."
-Y/n: "I won't promise anything."
-Loki: "Neither will I.", we looked at each other with a smile on the face.
-Tony: "Good. Then let's go."
-Y/n: "I would appreciate when I get some new clothes and a place to change alone.", I said before they could leave the room.
-Natasha: "I'll bring you some of mine.", she said and left.

I can hear that Stark und Rogers are asking her if she's sure about that. I cant blame them and I even feel a bit honoured.