Chapter 5: I Danced in the Desert in the Pouring Rain

The ride in the car was pretty peaceful, the quiet hum of the radio music filled the silence of the car while I stared at the scenery on the way to the beach. After around 15 minutes Clay pulled into the sandy parking lot of what looked to be a pretty empty beach. There was lots of greenery around the outskirts of the beach. Clay grabbed a small bag out of the back seat of his car, and we walked together onto the warm golden sand.

"What are we doing today Clay?" I asked looking at the blonde pulling out his phone.

"Well today we are Geocaching, do you know what that is?" I shook my head "Okay that will make this

more fun.. I hope. So basically we use this app, " he showed me his phone " and people have hidden little prizes and stuff around places and there are clues and a GPS tracker. If we find it we swap out one of the little trinkets for one of these, "he pulled out a pin from the black bag. I couldn't quite see what was on it, but it didn't matter to me anyway. "And we write our name on the log, and yeah. It's pretty fun, and there should be a lot around here."

"Okay cool! This sounds fun, should we start?" I asked as he clicked a few things on his phone.

"Okay the first clue is mossy moss, and it's supposed to be 100 feet away."

"I'm guessing it's in that little moss patch under that tree." I pointed to an area where there were some trees and bushes close to where we parked. We walked over and I saw a dark green button on the ground amongst the moss. It was a little difficult to see, but if you looked carefully you could see it. "Hey, I think it's right here," I placed my finger on the button and felt it shift a bit.

"Awesome, let's look around... maybe pick it up?" Clay said.

I picked up the button, and there was a small blue tube underneath, I tugged at it a bit, but I couldn't seem to get it at.

"Hey Clay, I can't get this out, can you help me?" Before I could even scooch out of the way, Clay had crouched right next to me, and his arm brushed against mine, and I could feel myself blushing and I turned my attention to his hands that pulled out the blue tube, He grabbed the piece of paper out and handed me the rest of the tube.

"Pick something out, I'll write down something in the log." I poured out the contents of the geocache and saw a tiny camera bracelet charm that just screamed my name. I put it in my pocket and handed the tube back to Clay. He put in a pin and the paper and then screwed on the cap as he was putting the tube back into the ground.

Clay grabbed my hand and pulled me up, and we walked out of the area back onto the beach.

"Okay let's do another one!" He exclaimed with a massive grin laid out across his face. His hand was interlaced in mine as he pulled me down the beach to where there was another geocache. We spent almost 3 and a half hours running around the sandy beach, gathering little trinkets, and I began to collect different charms at all the places we stopped at, as well as a tiny Rubix cube, a little monkey stuffed animal, and what looked to be a Minecraft bee figurine.

We were heading to one geocache that was nearby a little taco shop on the beachfront.

"What is the clue for this one clay?" I asked, peering over his shoulder in my tiptoes.

"Umm, the clue for this one is Limonada? Maybe we need to order lemonade or something?" He said

"No no no clay," I pointed at a painting on the side of the taco shop, it was covered in lemons and ice and other lemonade-like art. "Look at that! Its lemonade art, maybe over that way?"

"Y/N you are a genius!!! What would I be doing without you!!"

"You'd probably be dead by now," I said giggling