Chapter 10: Late nights in the middle of June.

So this one takes place after the last chapter, which is about a week or two after chapter 8, and since they Y/N and dream have gone on a couple more dates and hung out more, but i'm lazy lol anyway on to the chapter!

I was sitting on my bed on my laptop watching The Kissing Booth on Netflix, but scrolling on tik tok at the same time, only half paying attention to the movie. It was getting late and I was getting ready to go to bed when my phone rang.

Incoming FaceTime from Clay <3

I quickly accepted the call and propped my phone up on my laptop. "Hello good sir, how are you on this fine evening?" I asked the emerald-eyed boy in front of me.

"I'm very good now that I'm talking to you," He said, running his hand through his wavy hair. "I'm still really sorry about today, George is an idiot sometimes."

"Oh yeah, I really don't care that much, I try to only care about the opinions of people who I care about. Those are the ones that matter, so even if the hate hurts, I'm gonna try not let it get to me."

"That's actually how I try to think about it too, but I'm glad you are okay, I was really worried. I definitely beat George up afterward."

"Wait did you actually" He shook his head with a smile across his face " I totally forgot that you guys live together. Why do you have a group chat when you live together? That doesn't make any sense?"

"I mean do you not text your roommate even when you are both in the house?" He asked

"Yeah I do, I see your point." I opened up a new tab on my laptop "What did you do today Clay?"

"I spent most of the day work on some code for a video, which I can't seem to make it work, and I also beat up George. What about you?"

"I worked most of the day and then I went grocery shopping and watched a movie, and now I'm talking to you." I looked over to my phone to see Clay looking at his computer "Hey if you need help with the code as long as it's java I can help you."

He turned his face back to face me "Wait really? I totally forgot that you know how to code. Can I send you the stuff?" I nodded my head "Okay cool, gimme a second." Clay sent me the code and explained to me the problem, and we worked together and we were able to figure out a solution after an hour. It took us a while, but once we figured out the problem, it was easy to knock out.

"Thank you again," Clay said, picking up his phone and walking to his bed. "You really didn't have to do that, but I really appreciate it."

"Of course, I was glad to help, I definitely need practice with my code, it's been a while." I went back to surfing the internet when I saw that one of my favorite bands was performing at a place in Orlando in a couple of weeks. I squealed with excitement as I clicked on the ticket link.

"What's got you so excited bub?"

I blushed at the nickname he had given me, "Sunset Curve is performing on July 7th, and I have that week off, so I can go see them!" I quickly texted Ellie informing her of the news because we had wanted to go for a while.

"Wait Sunset Curve? Nic- I mean Sap really likes them! Maybe we could all go together?"

"I mean I was planning to go with Ellie, but I think it would be fun for her to meet everyone if that's okay with you guys?"

"Oh yeah, the more the merrier!" He said pausing the face time to see the link I had just sent him. "Okay, just booked them!"

"Okay, I'll pay you back when I see you next."