Chapter 40: As clear as the sun in the summer sky

I applied the last little bit of eyeliner on my wing while focusing intently on the mirror. "But your flight was good though, right?" I said to Niki over the phone.

"Other than the whole fiasco with the kids and Tommy, yeah it was fine," Niki said. "I slept most of the flight, so I think it was good."

"I still can't believe there was like a group trip to San Francisco. I didn't think they did things like that during the summer."

"I just can't believe how many of them recognized us. Like it was a crazy amount of people."

"I mean you guys are famous," I said with a smile.

"I wouldn't say that," Niki said. "I mean Tommy, maybe, but me, probably not."

"Give yourself some credit Niki, you have like a million subscribers. That's at least 1 million people who would recognize you."

"That's fair." Niki walked towards a door. "Do you know when they're gonna be done with this lore stream?"

"I was about to ask you the same question," I said exiting my room. "Clay said he was 'taking me out to dinner' after the lore, it's after 7 pm and I'm hungry."

"Same!" Niki said "More than half of this house is involved in this stream. How long does it take to break two people out of prison! "

"I'm the only one in this house who isn't involved!" I said, "What the fuck are they even doing now it's been like an hour and a half." I went onto the twitch app to see what was happening

"I don't know but we spent most of our time before this stream setting and unpacking their PCs so they could do this," Niki said, flopping on the couch next to Kristen. "I just want food."

"Don't we all Niki?" Kristen said "Hi Y/N."

"Hi, Kristen!" I said. "Holy shit Tommy's on 700,000 viewers right now."

"You're joking," Niki said.

Message from Clay: can you bring me some water plz i very thirsty

"Nope." I said "Wait Clay just texted me asking for water. I might just wait there until this is done."

"That's probably a good idea, they should be done soon."

"Alright Niki, have fun with the boys, I'll talk to you later."

"Yup." Niki said, "Have fun on your date."

"I will. Okay bye." I said ending the call and grabbing one of our water bottles from the fridge and walking back towards dream's room

-ˏ ➶ [ iMessage ] . ✧ ˚

Clay

can you bring me some water plz i very thirsty

do u want me to bring in

ye

ty

im coming in

-ˏ ➶ [ irl ] . ✧ ˚

I walked into Clay's room and set down his water on his desk and flopped down onto his bed as he mouthed thank you to me.

"Dream." I heard the soft murmur of Tommy through the microphone.

"Tommy. It's nice to see you in the fresh air.