Chapter 30: I'm gonna hold you so close

It was the second day of the trip with the group, and the bright sun peeked through the curtains of my room. I was still shocked that Clay and Wilbur were able to find a house with so many beds and rooms on such short notice, and with a pool at that.

The small buzz of my phone across the room motivated me to get up, just a news notification that I ignored. I put on a dark gray hoodie and walked towards the kitchen following the smell of burnt toast

As I walked into the sun-filled kitchen, I saw Tommy and Tubbo burning what looked like it might have been a bagel in its past life. They were clearly struggling, and I couldn't tell if it was because they were two teenage boys or if it was the jetlag that hadn't quite worn off.

"If you guys want me to make you breakfast I can," I said as they turned around almost in shock to face me. "You don't have to struggle"

"Please help us Y/N. This stupid American toaster won't work."

"Tommy, you just don't know how to make toast, don't blame the toaster. You literally have the same one at your house, I've seen it." Tubbo said, rolling his eyes. "But yes Y/N, if you could help us with breakfast that would be great."

"Oh yeah of course. I'm in the mood to cook right now, so I can do that." I opened up the fridge. "Would you guys be down for some waffles?"

"Hell Yeah!!" Jack said, sitting down on the couch next to Wilbur. "Waffles!"

"Waffles sound great Y/N," Wilbur said from the couch.

"Okay, waffles it is," I said.

"See I told you, Tommy, You don't have to make breakfast," Tubbo said.

"But I'm a BIG MAN," Tommy said

"Hey if you're such a big man why don't you clean up your toast disaster," I said motioning to the toaster.

"Doooo I havveee toooo?"

"No, It's fine Tommy I'll clean it up." I chuckled

"Tommy you're such an asshole," Wilbur said to the tall blond walking towards the couch

"I am not!"

I rolled my eyes, grabbed the basic ingredients for waffles, and started to mix as The British boys all started to converse on the couch. At some point Sapnap, Karl, and Quackity emerged from their rooms, all looking exhausted.

"Hey, can one of you guys wake up Dream and George?" I asked the boys who were pouring themselves coffee.

"Yeah, I'll go," Karl said. "Sapnap you want to come with?"

"Sure let's go bully them bitches!"

"WAIT HOLD UP I'M COMING TOO!!!" Quackity exclaimed following them down the short hall to Dream and George's room.

I watched Niki watch in shock as the boys practically sprinted past her. "They're waking Dream and George," I said, pulling out a waffle iron. "I think Will made some coffee if you want any."

"Oh thank you," Niki said, over towards the coffee pot. "Do you need any help?"

"Oh no I've got it, I just have to pour and wait now," I said with a soft chuckle.

"Okay cool," Niki said, hugging her coffee mug with her hands. "Let me know if you need any help!" She walked towards the couch where everyone was seated. I poured more waffle batter into the hot iron, and let it cook. I grabbed some berries and other waffle fix-ins out of the cabinets and fridge and started to set them down on the long dining table.

"Breakfast is served!" I exclaimed to the house once all the waffles were finished. I admired the spread of food on the table proudly. Eventually, everyone sat down at the dark wooden table and started to dig in.