Chapter 6: Say you'll see me again

My phone buzzed on my nightstand loudly the next morning. I quickly snoozed my alarm and pushed the covers over my head. I was not in the mood to get out of bed and go to work. After snoozing my alarm 3 times, I finally got out of bed. I still had a lot of time to get ready, It was 730 and my shift started at 9 today.

I walked over to my dresser and pulled out a pair of shorts, a t-shirt, and a cardigan. I walked over to the bathroom and I changed into my clothes for the day. I put on some sunscreen and moisturizer. I added on some light eyeliner and mascara and went to the kitchen.

I was the only one there, and I assumed that Ellie had already left for work, she was a nurse, and usually started work much earlier than I did. I made myself some toast and grabbed some favorite fruit. I unlocked my phone to look at all my notifications and noticed a text from Clay.

˜-ˏ ➶ [ iMessage ] . ✧ ˚

Clay <3

i had a lot of fun tonight. i really hope we can hang out again.

I'm sure you are already asleep, so sleep well

gn y/n.

gm!

I'm sure your asleep still lol

but i also had a wonderful time yesterday

and i would love to hang out again, but i have a bunch of  work this week, so maybe on the weekend?

˜-ˏ ➶ [ irl ] . ✧ ˚

I turned my phone face down on the counter as I finished my last slice of toast. I grabbed my bag and my keys and began my walk to the train station, and I put in my AirPods and started to play some music. I finally got on the train at the station and got to work. I walked into the door and headed to the back. I put my stuff in my locker and checked in. I made myself a quick drink and began to make some orders for people. The morning rush was hectic, but I enjoyed making drinks. It was almost calming. My favorite drink to make was our caramel latte because I liked dripping the sauce around the edges of the cup and on the top.

It was a little bit before noon when I took over the cash register and took orders, but by then it had died down, and there were only regulars in the shop. I pulled out my phone to scroll through Instagram when the sweet sound of the door chime filled my ears. I put my phone back into my apron pocket and was greeted by a tall dirty blonde with emerald green eyes.

"Clay!" I said, surprised, "What are you doing here? This is so far away from your house."

"I came to see you silly goose." He said with a grin written across his face.

"I'm working right now," I whispered loudly to him. He frowned. "I get off in 15?"

"Okay great. Where can we meet?" He asked me with a hint of excitement.

"Umm, there is a back patio that we could go to... You'd have to wait outside by the gate because I think it's closed right now."

"Perfect. I'll wait for you there." He said

"Wait are you gonna get anything?" I asked, quickly before he left.

He handed me a 20. "Get me something good. And something for you too." He grinned and walked out the door.

"Did that guy even order anything?" My coworker Fen asked.

"Yeah, he did."

"Do you know him or something?"