Chapter 22: I wish I could describe it with words just ain't enough

I flopped down on my bed ignoring the boxes to my left. I knew that I needed stuff in those boxes and I hadn't labeled them, so I'd have to unpack at some point, but I just didn't want to quite yet. I decided that I would take a shower, considering I still smelled like the woods and smoke, probably not a good combination, I could imagine.

I opened the crisp white door to the bathroom next to my room that Clay and I shared. I walked into the shower and turned the knob and the droplets of water started to rain down into the bathtub at the bottom of the shower.

I walked over to Clay's room. I leaned against the side of the doorframe. "Hey Clay I'm gonna take a shower just so you know." He was working at his desk, the LED lights in his room turned a deep green, its usual state, and the monitors filled with what I assumed to be a video editor that I didn't quite understand. I walked over to his bed that sat behind his setup. "Clay you can't be working all the time, you've got to take a break sometimes."

He was still clicking away and dragging things around. He pulled his headset off of his one ear down to his neck. "We literally just went on a break, Y/N, I'll be fine."

I stuck my foot out and spun his chair around so he was facing me. "Well you spent the entire time vlogging, which is work, so just take tonight off too okay."

"But the fan-"

"Clay, they have no idea that you went camping, nonetheless that you are going to put out a vlog. It's okay to take a break." I said. I got back up and headed back to the door. "I'm gonna go take my shower now. Maybe you, Sapnap, and George can figure out something for dinner? I don't really feel like cooking today."

"Oh yeah, I can do that. Have a good shower."

I went back to my room and grabbed a pair of grey sweatpants and a navy blue cropped tee with a mushroom on it. I threw it on the floor of the steam-filled bathroom and closed the door behind me. I pulled off my smoke-scented clothes and threw them on the floor and stepped into the warm droplets falling from the silver shower head.

I grabbed the bottle of shampoo and poured out some of the iridescent white liquid into my hands and massaged it into my hair. I could feel the suds forming on my fingertips and then I washed it off in the steamy water as the suds fell to the floor. I slathered on a layer of conditioner and washed my body off with some soap and got turned off the water.

I reached my hand out from behind the pale blue curtain and reached to where the towels usually were. Rather than the familiar dry towels there my hand was greeted by the smooth metal pole. I stuck my head out more and looked around. There were no towels. Shit. I remembered. I had cleaned them off before we left, It was probably still in the laundry room. Shit. How could I forget such a crucial part of taking a shower?

"Clay?" I shouted through the door. No response. "CLay!" Fuck.

"Y/N?" George called through the door. "You need something?"

"Oh thank god," I said, letting out a sigh of relief. "Is Clay there?"

"Oh yeah someone's at the door. He's dealing with it I think. Do you need something?"

"Uh yeah I need a towel, I'm pretty sure they're in the laundry room."

"Oh yeah of course I'll be right back," I heard him walk away as I waited, slowly getting colder. "Okay, I'm back, sorry about that. Where do you want me to put this?"

"Ummm I think the door is unlocked, you can just drop it on the ground." I watched the knob of the door twist and George's renaissance painting-like hands drop down a towel on the ground, and then quickly close the door behind him. "Thank you, George. I really appreciate it"