Chapter 13: Baby, you're a firework

"Happy fourth!" I exclaimed as Sapnap opened the front door to their house. "Sorry it's just me today, Ellie had a family thing she couldn't get out of. But she will come to the concert on Friday."

"Aww that's sad, would have loved to meet her," Sapnap said, stepping aside as I walked in. "I could have practiced my infamous pickup lines."

"I doubt they would work Sap," I said as we were heading to the backyard.

"What?! I'm not that bad at pick-up lines."

"She listens to girl in red Dude"

"Okay and? Is that a good song?"

"You don't know what that means?"

"Am I supposed to?"

"How are you so clueless?"

"What?!"

"She's gay Sapnap," I said.

"Oh, okay good to know. I will not actively hit on her." He chuckled and slid open the door that led to the deck and backyard of their house."

"Y/N!!" George exclaimed. "I'm so glad you could come! No Ellie again?"

"Yeah, she had a family thing she couldn't get out of, she's super sad she couldn't meet you guys" I lied. "Where should I put this?" I held up the American Flag cookies I made up.

"Oh right over there," George pointed to a table with a blue tablecloth and some other food on it to his left.

"Very fancy setup," I said, admiring the few decorations placed around their backyard.

"Yeah, Clay's mom came over and we had lunch with his family, so she brought lots of decorations." Sapnap said, "But it should be just us now, and I bought some fireworks and sparklers for when it gets dark."

"Why does that not surprise me at all that YOU bought the fireworks," I said eyeing at Sapnap and setting my cookies down. "Where's Clay?"

"Wowww Y/N, do you really hate us that much?" George said.

"No tha–"

"Wow look George we were being so nice and she just hates us."

"What that's not wh–"

"I mean bros before hoes am I right?" Sapnap said cutting me off again.

"Hey, are you calling my girlfriend a hoe right now?" Clay said coming from the kitchen with a plate of raw burgers.

"Clay!" I said, giving the tall blond a hug.

"I'm pretty sure he was calling you the hoe Clay," George said.

"Hey what the hell!" Clay said, punching Sapnap in the arm as George and I laughed. He looked down at me. "No Ellie?"

"Yeah she said she had a family thing, but she promised she was coming to the concert." He kissed the top of my head.

"Sorry about that love, but at least you aren't spending the fourth alone!" He said, pulling away from our hug to look at me. "And you look very gorgeous (im not even joking i wrote that initially as georegeus and thought nothing was wrong. Plz help me) today."

"Why thank you, good sir," I scanned his outfit to see his dark blue shorts and a grey USA tee covered by a black apron that said 'I'll feed all you fuckers'. I chuckled. "I like your outfit too, Mr. I'll feed all you fuckers."

"Hey don't judge the drip." He said walking over to the grill and turning it on. "I'm the only one that can cook in this house."

"What!" George exclaimed, "I can cook!!"