I have no energy to make a Shipuary post so I'm telling a story

This happened around Valentine's day last year. So we had a Valentine's dance. I wore a dress shirt as I don't have anything fancier than that so I just wore that. All these people had like very extravagant dresses, some with very amazing suits and I was like "This is a 7th grade Valentine's dance why did you all get so dressed up? It's not like it's Prom Night."

Like no hate to people who live dressing up, I'm that kind person I just thought it was kinda unnecessary as we're only gonna be here like 30 minutes and most people are just on their phones while "trendy" songs play.

Then I realized it wasn't a Valentine's dance, you were supposed to bring a date. That's why everyone was so dressed up because they thought they had to impress their date. Honey, it's 7th grade we ain't impressing no one.

So I sat there, in my white dress shirt and my black pants, stealing punch glasses and putting them in my backpack to use at props. Then this happens.

I'm not out as gay yet and my best friend is like "Yo you wanna dance?" I was just like why the fuck not? That song called Senorita was playing or whatever the fuck and for theater I had to know the waltz, the tango, like dances like that. I forget why.

The point is I was having the time of my life with my best friend and no one else was dancing.

People thought we were a couple, and a dumbass teacher who MADE THE RULE YOU NEEDED A DATE. Screams at us for dancing together because it's PDA.

My friend is a lesbian, I'm gay, my friend is a girl.

She just looks at my teacher and says "Bold of you to assume I like men." I just look at my teacher and say "I don't do girls." She screams at me for being gay and bans me from the dance and my friend comes out and we just end up sitting in the hallway together and she's like "Happy Valentine's day. But fuck capitalism."
"Happy discount chocolate day."