chapter 11: Fresh Air

*A/N: The lack of motivation I have to write this story is so sad- But Imma do it anyways cus there's this one scene I really wanna do so that's going to be my motivation ig. I started so I have to end it, enjoy the story.

Jin-ae POV:

I was walking back from school, just strolling around the place before arriving at my house.

I unlocked the gate and looked at the front door, expecting to see Jisung, but he wasn't there.

He would usually be there to greet me back from coming home from school but this time he wasn't seen anywhere near.

Yes, he dint have a job yet, still looking for one.

I unlocked the gate and went into the house without looking ahead of me, removing my shoes.

Me - "Appa, Jisung-ah, Are you guys home?"

I finally looked ahead of me and saw a woman, someone that looked like she was in her early 30's.

She looked at me and smiled and I bowed a little as a respectful greeting.

Jisung - "Oh you're home"

He said with not a very big smile on his face, more of a concerned face for some reason.

He came up to me and gave me a little welcoming hug, except it didn't feel so welcoming at all.

It was tense and stiff, no emotion put into it asides from concern.

Me - "What's happening?"

I whispered to him

Jisung - "Uhm, I think it's better to hear it from your dad himself"

I slowly and unsurely nodded and walked up to appa

Me - "Appa..? Who's this?"

He flicked his head towards me with a worried look on his face. Suddenly the woman spoke up.

?? - "I will be your mother dear, your step mother"

I looked at her in disbelief, she somehow looked familiar...

?? - "Oh, apologies, I didn't introduce myself.. I'm Choi Hwang-jae"

Hwang-jae? Choi Hwang-jae? The famous actor? I'm sorry what?-

Me - "Appa, what's this about?"

Appa - "Uhm...Well the both of us met and one thing led to another and...uh...yea"

Me - "Appa..."

Appa - "But we're happy Jin-ae...Appa is happy with her. I'm sorry but even if you don't approve I'm staying with her"

He said trying to show his confidence

Me - "Appa, I'm happy for you but- But I don't think I can consider or see her as my mom. Never and I'm sorry"

You may think I'm being over dramatic about this but it just made me think about my mom even more.

The more I think about her the more guilt I felt, the more I remember what happened, and the more I remember that she's gone.

It's been years you say? I should be over it? I'm not, and it's hard to get over it when it's all you can think of.

It's runs through my mind all day.. the vivid images flash and it terrifies me.

My dad looked down to the ground, making me feel bad, as Hwang-jae spoke up again.

Hwang-jae - "Please don't talk to your father in that way"