chapter 20: Trauma

A/n: *no note*

Jin-ae POV:

After a few basketball drills, it was said that it was now..time to play.

Teacher- "Three teams, while the 2 play, the other one gets to rest. Everyone gets a chance to rest so it's fair. Now get to your teams and discuss a strategy, team 1 is going to sit back and watch first"

Everyone met with their teams and discussed different strategies to use, like maybe code names or a specific formation based off of our individual skill and or experience.

Few minutes later, everybody was done and we gathered around the teacher to get our colors for each team.

Making us wear cloth like headbands of the color of the teams. And yes they were washed beforehand.

Everybody had at least one friend on the other team wishing them luck, some playing around while I stood there awkwardly waiting for the game to start.

I looked around not knowing where to look while everybody else where still talking to each other, I spotted Eunwoo and the other 2, having their fists balled up in the air, silently cheering for me.

Eunwoo gave me a smile and a thumbs up, continuing with the same cheer as the other two after that.

I smiled back while playfully and dramatically bowing towards them.

Suddenly the teacher's whistle sounded, signalling us to get in our places.

Teacher- "let's try 3 rounds and 15 points ok?!"

Students- "Ne~"

He got the basketball in his hands while our teammate was face to face with the opponent in the middle of the court.

Nervousness rushed into my stomach, the floor felt like it was swaying slowly, making me a bit dizzy.

I shook it off and took deep breaths, trying to distract myself.

Someone nudged me and I flicked my head back at them.

Sujin- "You better not fucking fail"

She aggressively said while looking in front of her and then taking a quick look at me.

Me- "You can't expect me to be good at everything like Hwang-Jae ok?-"

The whistle cut my sentence off and I quickly turned my head back to the front, the ball was now in the air and unfortunately the other team tapped it first.

But either way, according to plan, I ran after the person I was tasked to keep an eye on and kept an eye on the ball as well.

Multitasking, we love to hate it.

The ball was passed back and forth, the dribbling was going all over the place, the squeaking noises of the shoes and the shouts of the key words being said.

The person I was keeping an eye on now had the ball, it was my responsibility to block it or to try to steal it from them now.

I calmly took deep breathes, in and out.

"Breathe in breathe out Jin-ae, steady your breathing first. 5 seconds in, 5 seconds out"