chapter 29: Stranger?

A/n: *no note*

Eunwoo POV:

I woke up from my nap, lifted my head off of her shoulder and looked beside me.

Jin-ae's head was hung low and her glasses were hanging on at the tip of her nose.

I placed her head on my shoulder and slowly took her glasses off.

Her head was perfectly still on my shoulder as she was peacefully resting.

I admired her features as I brushed some hair out of her face and slightly smiled to myself.

It felt nice to finally call her mine.

It made me feel a sense of relief and it felt like a bunch weight was brushed off of my chest.

I took out my phone and snapped a photo of her. I forgot about the sound but at least it didn't wake her.

I held my hand out and took a selfie with the sleeping Jin-ae, taking some photos in different angles. One up close to her nose, below her chin, and proper ones too.

Soon enough, we were on a familiar rode and the bus said our street name. I carefully pressed the button and shook Jin-ae awake.

Me- "We're here already, let's go"

She looked around, confused and rubbed her eyes, I slowly put her glasses on and wrapped my hand around hers.

Warmth took over my body as I held her hand in mine.

We then walked out of the bus, thanking the driver.

Jin-ae- "I'm so tired"

She said as she leaned her head onto me once we got off.

Me- "Hey, hey, hey, your glasses, your glasses"

She tiredly looked back up and pushed them back up her nose.

Jin-ae- "Let's go already, my legs are about to fall asleep"

I walked a few steps in front of her and crouched down as I patted my back. I adjusted my bag to the front and stayed in that position.

Me- "Come on"

I said looking back at her, she looked at me unsure and I just nodded my head reassuringly towards her.

She smiled as she hopped onto my back and I stood up straight.

I slightly jumped up a bit to fix her position on my back and steadily walked towards the direction of our village.

She softly leaned her head on my shoulder and adjusted it to her liking as she tightened her grip.

Me- "I won't drop you don't worry"

I joked after feeling her grip tightening.

Jin-ae- "I know but safety first"

She mumbled, barely getting the words out of her mouth as she yawned.

Without another word, not wanting to disturb her, I continued walking slowly and quietly, giving her time to rest before she goes back to her home.

A few minutes later, I reached the gate of our village and made my way inside.

I was slowly arriving at her destination as she was still sound asleep on my back.

I looked back at her and was met with her peaceful face, dozed off into a short dream.

I smiled again for like the 100th time today.

How could I not? I'll never get tired of looking at her.