chapter 12: A Nightmare I Dream Of

*A/N: I'm gonna try to update as fast as possible and if I don't then sorry not sorry cus school is stressing the fuck out of me. Also, I do not write smut or anything like that, thank you very much. I'm not that good at writing romantic scenes and all of my friends are joking around with helping me with it so :DD I'll just read more romance shit on wattpad to be able to know how to write the properly*

Jin-ae's POV:

Everybody was dropped off at their houses after we ate and had some fun.

Talking about interests, sharing opinions on the movie, eating good food, all the good stuff.

Once I was home, I rushed to my room.

Then I paused for a second, remembering that she was now staying there and that my room was now the guest room.

I did a 180 turn back and dragged my feet to the room.

Once I opened the door, I saw some clothes on the bed. Out of curiosity like a normal human would, I walked towards the clothes and there was a note.

"I prepared a pair of pajamas you can sleep in for tonight, the news of me being ur step-mom might've been shocking and I'm sorry about that. I know you won't accept me as your mom anytime soon but I hope you can respect your dad's decision. I also hope you don't think I'm trying to replace your mother. You don't need to think of me as your mother, just as your father's wife. If you do ever come to be able to call me "eomma" or mom, I'll be happy with it but I hope it doesn't disrespect your mother. This is a little apology for what happened earlier.

- Hwang-Jae"

I let out a long exhale knowing that having a celebrity as a mom wasn't going to be easy. Not only that, accepting someone as your step-mom years after your biological mother passed.

Accepting her is going to take a long long while.

I mean, maybe she isn't that bad. I've heard about her and she was a nice person.

'C'mon Jin-ae, it's not their fault they fell in love, stick with it.'

I threw my bag off and took the pajamas into the bathroom. I washed up and did my daily night routine, I slipped on the pajamas and it was really comfy.

She got me a beige colored hoodie that was extremely soft and matching joggers to go with it.

I put it on and it fit well. The quality was great and the material was comfortable to wear.

Suddenly, something was itching at the bottom of my neck. I reached for it and gripped onto something that felt like a card.

I assumed it was the clothes and held it with the tip of my fingers.

'Why dint she take it off?' I thought, I looked for a pair of scissors and cut it off on my own.

Out of curiosity, I looked at the price of the clothes.

Me - "₩185,051?!"

My eyes were opened wide from seeing the price tag.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful she got me these and I'm not sure if I should be surprised since she's a really well paid actor but— These are too much-

Maybe I shouldn't have looked at the price tag.

Next thing I knew, I was in front of the door to her room, ready to knock on the door until it opened by itself.

Hwang-jae - "Oh, Jin-ae-ah, what are you doing here?"

Her kind voice asked.

Me - "Oh, uhm-"