chapter 32: Tension

A/n: *no note*

Jin-ae POV:

The tension between the two made me feel uneasy and not gonna lie, kinda scared.

EM (Eunwoo Mom)- "Who's...that"

She said while eyeing me judgementally, I quickly looked at her and bowed.

Me- "I'm Kim Jin-ae, Eunwoo's.."

I looked at him unsurely and then back at her.

Me- "Friend"

She gave me a fake small smile and held out her hand.

EM- "Nice to mee-"

Eunwoo- "She's my girlfriend"

He cut her off. I immediately flicked my head towards him and furrowed my eye brows.

He gave me an angry 'what?' look and then looked back at his mom.

Her eye brows slightly rose up as she looked down on me, dropping her hand back beside her.

Is there a word to describe something more than a judgemental look? I need it right now-

EM- "Girlfriend?"

She glared, I slightly took a step back and started to feel nervous under her stare.

EM- "That clip does look quite expensive, how did you afford it? Did my son waste his money on you?"

She said slightly raising her voice.

Eunwoo- "I did not"

He angrily argued as he his calm but infuriated glare pierced at his mom's eyes.

I calmly swallowed the anxiety that was squeezing my neck and explained.

Me- "It was given to me as a gift from my mom"

I said nervously, she slowly nodded her head and walked closer.

EM- "Are the gems real?"

She said trying to touch the clip, I instantly flinched lower, stopping her from touching it.

Me- "I'm sorry but I'm not comfortable with..you..."

She looked offended.

I messed up didn't I?

Me- "Touching...it"

She scoffed.

I definitely messed up.

EM- "Well I assume your mother is still alive why is it so special? If she got for you once she can get it for you again"

Ranting out the words, not thinking about what she said.

'Well I assume she's alive'?

I stayed silent, few seconds of silence she got the hint and looked at me with disgust.

EM- "Your mother's..dead?"

I looked away from her gaze, trying to escape.

Eunwoo- "Don't-"

EM- "What are you doing hanging around a girl with a dead mother? She doesn't even have the looks I doubt she seduced you"

Oh ouch, thank you.

Eunwoo- "Eomma!"

He yelled angrily.

She scoffed.

EM- "Now you are calling me that? It takes facts about your apparent girlfriend to make you say Eomma to me?"

...I can't disagree with the looks part-