chapter 30: Surprise

A/n: this is going to be a short chapter :D

Jin-ae POV:

I tilted my head to the side and let out a little hiss.

Me- "It's been 3 hours"

I said to myself, Ayeong looked up from her notebook and looked at me then at my phone.

Ayeong- "What do you mean?"

Me- "I need help with this lesson so I asked Eunwoo, but he hasn't responded yet"

I explained, still staring at my phone.

Ayeong- "Maybe he's just busy studying, I turn my phone off when I'm studying"

I nodded my head slowly.

Me- "Yea, he's just busy. He needs to study too"

Ayeong- "Yah, don't overthink it"

I looked at her and pursed my lips

Me- "Overthink what"

Ayeong- "Nothing~"

She teased, putting her attention back at her notes. I shook my head playfully and pushed my glasses a little higher up my nose.

I tilted my head, unsure whether if it was just him studying. Something didn't feel right.

Eunwoo POV:

I arrived at our gate and soon made it to the front door as I quickly opened the door.

Me- "Eunjae-ah?"

Eunjae- "Over here"

I looked around and followed her voice, ending up in my room. I twisted the knob and was met with the back of a middle aged woman.

Her presence suddenly felt familiar, she turned around and looked me up and down with a straight face.

??- "Have you been doing well."

I was silent for a few seconds. I mean I haven't seen her in years because of her "business trips" and slacking off, what was I supposed to say?

I let words flow out of my mouth without thinking at that moment as I glared.

Me- "Eomma (mom)?"

A/n:
Word count: 306
Date Pulished: June 30, 2021

Told you it was short