chapter 2: A Laugh Filled with Memories

*A/N: None*

~At the cafe~

Jin-ae POV:

We arrived at the cafe and it welcomed us with soft, comforting music.

Low-toned voices of people were heard while others were on their phones, resulting in a peaceful atmosphere in the café.

While the two were by the counter, I looked around for an empty spot for us to sit in.

I searched for a spot that could picture the beautiful view of the city and, luckily, I found an unoccupied one.

As soon as I reached the last step of the stairs, I saw a table that reached from end to end of the cafe.

It had seats directing right at the view by the glass window, the table being decorated with a few small pots of fake plants on top.

It was perfect. I reserved the seats with my bag, camera and small pouch as I made my way to bring them both up to our table

Ayeong - "What are you guys getting? my treat"

Me - "What? No it's fine we can split the bill-"

Ayeong - "You basically saved my life back there, the least I can do for you girls right now is treat you to something, my life saviors"

She cut in, reassuring me.

Me - "Are you sure? I have enough cash on me-"

I said, getting my wallet out from my bag before she shook her head and softly pushed my hands back.

Ayeong - "I promise you, it's okay! I want to pay you guys back, I'd feel really bad if I didn't"

She insisted.

Sooyeong and I looked at each other, blinked a few times, then looked back at her.

Me - "Well if you say so then, I'll get the... vanilla iced latte"

I said as Ayeong looked at Sooyeong, waiting for her order while holding her wallet.

Sooyeong - "Uhm... I'll get the iced americano"

Sooyeong decided after looking at the menu

Ayeong - "Great! We'll have one vanilla iced latte, one iced americano, and one caramel macchiato please"

Ayeong said to the person on the other side of the counter, in English.

Me- "Our seat is upstairs, I'll go sit there already and wait for you guys ok?"

I spoke in a low tone, not wanting to disrupt the peaceful atmosphere in the café.

This café reminded me on how I wanted to start my own if ever I'm stuck on what career choice I'll take. Free drinks and food after work if I want, sorta a win-win.

Not to mention, I could design it any way I want, it'll be all according to my taste.

I can set the menu, choose the tables, choose the decoration, have some music playing, my perfect café.

Sooyeong nodded in response to my mention as Ayeong followed along.

The cashier's fingers punched down on the keyboard, typing in our orders as I made my way up the stairs.

Ayeong - "The view is so pretty~"

She said in awe, looking all around and observing the designs.

Sooyeong then came in a few minutes later as she carried our drinks on a tray. She carefully placed it on the table, not wanting anything to spill.