chapter 26: fuck the awkwardness

A/n: *no note*

Jin-ae POV:

The warm color of the sun shined through the window and reflected onto the curtains. I looked up from my paper and checked the time.

Me- "It's 5:30 am already?"

I looked towards the walmart version of sleeping beauty, comfortably snuggled into the thick blacket up to her nose.

My eye lids were threatening to close as I forced them open. I drank some water and chewed on my gum, I raised my glasses up my nose bridge and focused on the paper once again.

Me- "10 more mintues"

I whispered to myself, picking up my pen and reviewing everything I wrote and highlighted.

About 10 mintues passed and the sun shined brighter.

Keeping my promise, I closed my book and kept my pens and pencils along with my notes and organized them into my bag.

Me being a great friend, after I took a quick shower and did my things, I took out Ayeong's school uniform and made sure she was still alive.

Me- "Ayeong, wake up and get ready for school"

I said, shaking her awake.

Ayeong- "5 more minutessss"

She groaned. I sighed and shook her again until she finally woke up and sat up straight.

She rubbed her eyes and fixed her messy hair. I waved her uniform in front of her face and she nodded.

I placed it down on the bed beside her and walked out of the room with my bag once I saw her go into the bathroom.

I went down, got some toast and prepared some eggs for Ayeong along with some bread.

Appa- "Jin-ae-ah! Come here"

I flicked my head towards the room of appa and went up to see what he needed to say.

Me- "Yes?"

I said while peeking into the room, he looked at me and walked in front of me.

Appa- "I found this"

He said while placing something into the palm of my hand. I looked at him then back at the thing.

Once I saw it, I immediately recognized it.

Me- "The clip eomma gave me.."

I mumbled.

Appa nodded. I examined it a bit more and saw that there were still a slight blood stain on it.

Appa- "I tried to wash off the stain, but.. it just wouldn't come off. Do you wanna keep it?"

I thought about it for a moment and then looked back at appa.

Me- "I'll keep it"

I slightly smiled while nodding my head and appa smiled back.

Appa- "That's my strong girl, now go downstairs already, get ready to leave with Ayeong. I don't wanna waste your time"

Me- "Ok, see you appa"

I waved him goodbye and he did the same before shutting the door close.

I placed the clip in the pocket of my jacket and stretched my body a bit more to release all the tension.

Then I made my way to the kitchen and spread some butter on the toast.

I heard Ayeong's footsteps approaching, making me extend my hand out towards her with the plate of toast on it.