chapter 43: unpleasant surprise

A/n: thank you for 600 reads :D

Jin-ae POV:

I finally arrived home before it started raining again.

It's been raining pretty hard lately, a lot of people are going to get sick, I mean it's winter and it's raining.

Question is how long it's going to rain for.

I know I can give this to him tomorrow but I should at least check up on him.

I have nothing else better to do, the SAT is over and nothing else huge is coming our way...as of the moment .

I flopped onto my bed and looked at the fluffy and soft bear stuffed toy.

Me- "I deserve a nap, I feel like I'm gonna pass out"

I said as I stood up to turn off the lights and close the curtains.

Snuggling under the blankets, I faced Cheon-ae, the crocheted bear he won for me, and the bear I was able to win for him at the claw machine today.

My eye lids slowly dropped and again I fell into a deep sleep.

~Few hours later~

The sound of my phone ringing slowly woke me up. I searched for my phone with my hand out lazily and picked up the call.

Me- "Hello-"

Eunjae- "Eonnie? Can you hear me properly?"

She said in a low panicked voice, I got up and wondered what was going on.

Me- "Eunjae? Are you ok? What's happening?"

I said, still not much energy in my voice. Few seconds. No answer.

Me- "Eunjae?"

Eunjae- "Eonnie, I'm scared"

My eyes slightly widened and worry slowly started to grow in my stomach.

Me- "Did something happen to you? Where are you? What happened?"

I asked all in a hurry, getting up from my bed to put a scarf on while getting my small bag ready.

Eunjae- "I heard something break downstairs, it sounded like a huge vase or something"

Her shaky voice managed to speak out.

Me- "Where are you? In your room?"

Eunjae- "Mhm"

Me- "Ok, stay with me on the phone. Try taking a few breaths to calm yourself down ok? You'll get through this. I'll be here"

I held the phone in between my shoulder and my ear, trying to find my glasses.

Once I did, I left the house with my bag and brought an umbrella with a raincoat in hand.

Me- "Is your door locked?"

Eunjae- "Mhm"

Me- "Ok, is it ok if I ask what happened?"

Eunjae- "Yea, that's ok"

- Flashback -
*note, it might get a bit violent and may trigger abuse so if you're sensitive to that topic please skip :D*

Third person POV:

Eunwoo was peacefully resting in his room, taking a nap after eating some porridge and medicine.

The doorbell suddenly rang and Eunjae went out of her room to get it.

Eunjae- "I'll get it!"

She yelled as she walked down the stairs. She looked at the front of cam and her heart dropped as it started to feel like needles were poking at her skin.