chapter 19: Unprepared

A/n: *no note*

~on the way to basketball court~

Jin-ae POV:

While I was making my way to the gym with everyone else, my chest felt heavy, it became a bit hard to breathe.

Not because everyone else was squished up near me but just the thought of the sounds that could possibly trigger the past.

I honestly didn't know why I felt suffocated

You're nothing close to athletic, you're about to embarrass Hwang-Jae.

Who said Hwang-jae was super athletic?

Variety shows did

I mean- ok true but like-

You can't prove a point anymore, shut up. Jin-ae isn't close to what Hwang-jae is.

.....

I nodded my head in agreement to my thought and felt a light tap on my shoulder.

I looked behind me to see Eunwoo looking at me while standing there, one hand in the pocket of his jacket.

Eunwoo- "Are you okay?"

I nodded and started walking again as he caught up to me, walking by my side, this time both hands in his pocket.

Eunwoo- "You look nervous"

Me- "Really?"

He nodded and looked in front again as I took deep breaths in and out.

Me- "I don't know, I've never been fond of basketball, after the thing, volleyball too"

Eunwoo- "Sports that use a ball?"

I nodded in response.

Eunwoo- "Is it because of.."

Me- "Yup, I mean it's not the sport's fault but I just wanna keep my distance"

I sighed.

Eunwoo- "How about we tell the teacher you're not feeling well? I think that's the best choice, if it triggers something who knows what could happened"

He suggested, sounding concerned about what might be to come if I push it.

I shook my head and took a deep breath.

Me- "I should at least try, I won't push it too much"

Now if you're wondering why..

Gunshots.. they usually tend to sound like gunshots if they're hit too hard on the ground.

I'm just gonna hope that doesn't happen, I mean it's just a game of basketball right?

Me- "They just somehow sound like them you know, it's been years but it's still stuck with me"

He gave me a small smile and nodded his head, putting his hand on my head and messing my hair up.