chapter 31: Distraction

A/n: I just noticed how many errors there were in chapter 29- I am terribly sorry 👍🏼

Jin-ae POV:

Worry started to growl in my stomach when it was past 1 am and still no response. Here I was, slacking off, about to go to sleep instead of studying.

Ok Look, I promise I'll study harder tomorrow.

My phone vibrated and I immediately checked the notification.

Me- "Oh you little-"

I said to the reminder for tomorrow. I let out a frustrated sigh and placed my phone on the bathroom counter.

I picked up the hair dryer and continued to dry my hair, still worrying about it.

Maybe he just left his phone off and forgot?

I roughly put down the dryer in frustration and picked my phone up again. I went to our chat and checked if he saw my message.

*message*

Dongminion

Should I change his name...yea-

Eunu :))

No that seems too friendly

Cheonmin

That seems plain, let's use an emoji.

Cheonmin 😚

Nope.

Cheonmin 👽

Me- "hehehehehe"

I'm having too much fun with these emojis. Wait what am I doing-

I slapped my forehead and just made it a recent emoji.

Cheonmin ✌🏻

Are you okay?-

I texted you about the lesson
I need help with 7 hours ago and
you haven't responded-

Is your phone off?-

I let out a sigh and gave up, I'll see him at school tomorrow anyways, I could ask him then.

Do I seem like a clingy person right now? Because maybe he forgot to turn his phone back on.

Goodnight I guess, ly 👋🏼-

I turned my phone off and continued drying my hair, after a while, I went off to bed.

Eunwoo POV:

Me- "Eomma (mom)?"

I said as my heart sank as it slightly ached in anger. She put on a small smile but it didn't seem sincere.

Mother- "Are your studies going well? What's your rank in your class?"

'That's what you care about?

Not how we were doing?

Out of all of that you care about our grades?'

Is what I wanted to say, but I swallowed it up and stood up straight.

Me- "Studies are going well"