chapter 49: Lost

A/N: there was just an earthquake that lasted pretty long, I rly thought I finally had the chance to die but nvm. Incase that happens I'm gonna finish this book already so :DDDD - sept. 26

Third person POV:

Everything was silent, all except for the music playing in the background to reduce the tension and anxiety while operating.

The metal clingking sounds, the instructions, the monitor and the music. Nothing else.

Eunwoo tried his best to imagine that it was just another patient he had to operate on but it wasn't working that well.

The possibilities of her surviving were little due to the fact that there were major parts of the head and body that got heavily injured and that's what made Eunwoo a bit more nervous.

He needed to succeed, he needed to help her cheat death just once.

He needed to save her.

~meanwhile~

Hwang-jae- "Hi, yes, excuse me? Do you have a patient named Kim Jin-ae, perhaps?"

She asked out of breath as the two boys, the father and Jisung, caught up. Both out of breath, just like Hwang-jae.

Nurse- "Uhhm"

She checked her board and looked back up at Hwang-jae.

Nurse- "Yes, she is in the operating room as of the moment, miss. Are you her the one that permitted without signing the papers?"

Hwang-jae- "Do you know what happened? Possibly?"

Nurse- "She was hit by a speeding car and the injuries seem severe. She was immediately rushed to the ER and came in unconscious"

Hwang-jae dropped her head down and slightly lost balance after hearing what happened but the dad was quick enough to catch and hold onto her.

Jisung- "Is the person that did this here?"

He asked.

Nurse- "As of the moment, all I know is that he was taken to the police station for going above the speed limit and for not following the safety rules, sir. Are you her guardians?"

She asked again. They all nodded and she pulled out a paper.

Nurse- "Please fill out this form to show that you approved of the surgery. Once you do, you are permitted to wait outside the ICU"

Hwang-jae- "Thank you so much"

She said while taking the paper and bringing out a pen from her bag.

Hours of waiting later, the surgery ended and someone came out of the ER to tell the news to the family.

He took off his mask and Jisung's expression slightly dropped.

Jisung- "Interesting seeing you here"

He said in a monotoned voice. Eunwoo hung his head low and told them the news.

Eunwoo- "Thankfully, we were able to bring her vitals and her breathing back to normal. She's currently in a stable condition..however.."

He took a deep breath and looked up at them.

Eunwoo- "The accident has caused a traumatic brain injury that resulted in her being in a coma. Though it's can last for about 2-4 weeks, there could be a possibility of it lasting a bit longer if anything else happens or if her condition gets worse"

Everything was silent.

They were all taking the information in and processing what he just said.

Hwang-jae- "Is..she gonna be okay?"