1:12

Day 8

Emma

"It was your bag that washed up?" Dr Faber asks the girl sitting across from him on the table. Her brown hair tangled, body bruised. She nods at him, having no other words to respond, "That must have been relieving,"

"Why?"

"Well from what we heard you had photos, personal belongings in there,"

"Yeah... well it just brought up a lot of shit I was trying to repress."

~~~

"Emma, Emma. Come on, get up," I feel someone shake me and I groan opening my eyes to see Ethan's figure looming over me.

"You know I was sleeping, right?"

"Yes, which is why I woke you. Come on, Allies's waiting." I jump up out of bed for this and throw on a sweater before going downstairs. I hear Ethan laughing behind me but I don't care as I walk out where I see Allie's blonde hair at the bottom of the stairs talking to my mom. She hears movement and turns to smile at me. Her sun necklace glowing as the sun hits it, always shining along with the girl who wears it.

"Well hey there sleepyhead, I was waiting for you,"

I get up before everyone else since I slept a lot earlier than them. I decide to take a walk and just enjoy some time to myself. I had a nightmare which I haven't had in a while. Images from that night playing in my head. I stand in front of the water and stretch a bit.

"Hey, you're up early," I hear a voice behind me and I turn to Toni.

"Well I did sleep earlier than you all," I reply smiling which Toni returns.

"You wanna go for a walk?" I nod at Toni and follow her into the woods. It starts off quietly, not in an awkward way, it's nice.

"So what happened last night?"

"Jeanette's grave was empty," Toni says. I look at her confused, "We think the tide took her body. The ground was wet and everything... so I guess it makes sense." I nod lightly.

"At least she's out there in the ocean. Just floating away, free," Toni watches me as I say this. A light smile graces her lips as she nods. I turn to Toni grabbing her hand, "Follow me. I have something you might appreciate," Toni looks at me confused but lets me guide her through the forest. We walk in silence as I tug her towards where I want to show her. We start to walk up the hill away from the camp overlooking the water. When we get to the top I drop her hand and look out to the water. Toni steps up next to me and looks out, "Pretty, right?" Toni nods, "This situation might suck... but at least the island is beautiful,"

"It'd be more beautiful if it was a resort. You know with fun activities, a pool, girls in bikini's," I snort at this.

"Of course that's what you'd be thinking of," I mutter while shaking my head. She smiles at me before looking down at my necklace then back at the water, "Have you ever been in love?" I ask. I don't know where the thought really came from, but I was just curious.

"Uh, yeah. Once. With this girl, Regan." I nod, "You?"

"Yeah, once," I turn to her again and smile.