Prologue

"You know it's crazy how it all happens. Trauma, I mean. We are all bound to experience it at some point. I mean, you're talking to a bunch of teenage girls. That in itself is traumatic. But to experience a plane crash? Now that's a one in a million chance. Except we were one of those one percenters. The one percent who has to experience something like that."

"How does that make you feel?"

"How do you think? It wasn't exactly sunshine and rainbows. It fucking sucked."

"Well you made connections on that island? Ones that you wouldn't have had before."

"Possibly. I knew of Toni and Martha before... well, kind of."

"Care to elaborate?"

"I went to one basketball game in high school. Toni was the captain of it. I only knew of the school because it was the other high school in town and I had a meet there once... one that Toni and Martha happened to be at. I didn't talk to them, only made eye contact for a second. Before the plane ride I had only ever spoken to Martha once. Toni twice. It's weird right? How everyone had some sort of connection to another person on the plane. Besides Jeannette, of course."

"And who were the connections?"

"Rachel and Nora, twins from New York. The texans, Dot and Shelby. Fatin and Leah who went to the same art school. Toni and Martha best friends from Minnesota. There was me who was from the same town as Toni and Martha, and then Jeannette... the sole person to come with no connection to another person on that plane. Strange, right?"

"There wasn't anyone else you could have come with?"

"No. I was alone. Which was the reason I was there to begin with."

"Can you tell us about it? From the beginning?"

"Well... I don't think I really have a choice, now do I?"

______________________________

Hey everyone! I'm currently in love with Toni Shalifoe and I think there just needs more stories about her!

This is my first fic, so I'm sorry if the writing isn't the best. Either way I hope you enjoy :)