1:18

I don't get far into the woods until I hear a snap of a branch. I whip around to see Toni with her hands held up, "It's just me," She says before approaching me.

"So you can talk to me now?"

"Yeah... I'm not exactly good at apologizing," Toni says. I let out a sigh before turning around and picking up some branches for the fire, "The group started to move their stuff to the other side," Toni says. I just give her a nod and continue to pick up wood. Toni sighs before picking up some wood of her own.

"That wasn't an apology," I mutter. I stop and turn to Toni who's looking at me with her mouth slightly open.

"I know," I nod before turning away again, "I'm sorry. About your photos. I know they meant a lot to you,"

"Well I guess it's like some fucked up metaphor,"

"What do you mean?"

"They're gone. Both physically and... in photos, now. Maybe it's time I also let them go,"

"Just because they're gone doesn't mean you have to let them go,"

"No. But I do need to move on. Keep living my life," Toni nods and walks up next to me. I stop and look at her while she keeps slowly opening and closing her mouth.

"I'm sorry. For ignoring you," I nod at her and give her a soft smile as a response. She gives me one to before starting to walk forward.

"I care, you know," Toni stops and looks at me with furrowed eyebrows, "I care about you. You said you didn't matter, but you do. You matter to me," I step towards Toni who just watches my movement, "I actually care a lot. More than I thought was possible considering how long we've known each other," I keep moving forward until I'm in front of her. I see Toni gulp as I look her in the eyes. My heart rate quickens as I continue to step forward. I take a deep breath before slowly leaning in. I stop for a second to hover over her lips before firmly planting my lips on hers. We both drop the wood in our hands as Toni's hands wrap around my waist and my hand is placed on her cheek. Toni deepens the kiss by pulling me towards her until there's no gap between us.

When I pull away Toni keeps me close. Her forehead rests on mine as a small smile graces her lips, "Was that okay?" I ask nervously.

"Yeah. That was completely fucking okay," I smile up at Toni before I lean in for another kiss. I wrap my arms fully around Toni's neck and enjoy the closeness of the person I've grown fond of.

Toni raises her hand and runs her finger along the cut on my lip, "It's okay," I whisper to her.

"I wanted to punch her when she hit you,"

"It's okay. I'm sure the group looking at her like she's insane is punishment enough," I chuckle while Toni smiles at me.

"Why weren't you more mad about Shelby? You haven't said anything about her since the whole thing happened. I thought you would hate it as well,"

I shrug at her, "I can't control someones views. And... I don't know, maybe there's more to it. She was taught it. It's hard to unlearn something," Toni looks at me with her eyebrows furrowed, "We should probably take the wood back to camp," I whisper to her. She nods and doesn't lose the grin that stays planted on her face. She keeps glancing at me as we continue to walk. I glance at her and blush slightly when we make eye contact. Toni moves the wood so it's all under her right arm as she reaches her left hand out and intertwines our fingers. I smile at her as she pulls me along in the forest. We stop when we run into Shelby. She looks down at our intertwined hands and looks away.

"Just getting a jump on the firewood situation," Toni tells Shelby who continues to look anywhere but us. Toni lets go of my hand and leans down to get more wood. I keep my eyes on Shelby who seems somewhat recovered by Leah's outburst.