1:4

Rachel

"That sister thing, that twin thing, it's like a foreign country. You can only really understand it if you're in it. Emma did, and I wished I was nicer to her when she brought it up, but on that island... I'm sure you'll hear from the other girls on how I acted. And no, I don't want to talk about what happened to Nora. But I do want to tell you our story. Alone, surrounded by people, yet still alone. That's how I felt waking up in that place. Realizing it wasn't just a bad dream. We were truly and actually fucked. Some were lucky, they had someone to hold on to. Some found a new someone to hold onto. I should have too, but I couldn't let go of the blame."

"Emma, why were you so mad at her the night before? In the beginning really."

"She had what I wanted. She had a chance at the olympics, my dream. She had the body for it. Had the skill, but she threw it all away. I was mad because she had the chance but didn't have the drive."

"Did you ever find out why?"

"Yeah. But that wasn't until later."

Day 2.

The morale was low when we all woke up the next morning and realized we really were in hell and it wasn't just one fucked up nightmare. We truly were fucked. I got a quick glimpse of Toni's sleeping figure before she was woken by Dot. I again stare out to the ocean, ignoring everyone else around me.

"We're missing a person," Shelby announced to everyone. I turn and looked for the missing person. Only when Rachel mentions that it's Leah do I notice the girl is gone. I look up and my eyes widen at Leah who walks up to the group, exhaustion and guilt on her face as she holds up a sketchy phone.

"It's Jeanettes."

~~~~~~~

We all stand around Jeanette's grave once again. I keep my eyes on the phone in Leah's hand. The once working phone that could have been our chance off of the island, "It was in her pocket," Leah explains, "I heard it ringing but it didn't seem real, not that anything does anymore. I followed the sounds and I, uh, I-"

"You frisked a dead body?" Dot answers for her. Leah gulps before nodding.

"When I dug it out of her pocket, it died in my hands." I keep my eyes on the phone in her hand, "The weirdest part is that this is her second phone. The other one we lost out in the water but this is an entirely different one. One that worked and one that she chose not to tell us about. Isn't there something vaguely messed up about that? Not even vaguely, but deeply?"

"Let me see," Fatin says as she reaches out for the phone and examines it between her fingers, "It is kinda a sketchy phone."

"So what is it we are trying to say here?" Shelby asks, "I'm just wondering if the simplest explanation might be the right one. So she had two phones? It's not that crazy. And she's been knocked around so bad she probably just forgot." No one has the chance to respond as Rachel fuels her anger and spits on her grave.

"What the fuck?" I ask her. Anger seeps through me at the action.

"Fuck- sorry. But like fuck her! She forgot? That could've been our way out!"

"That doesn't mean you disrespect her fucking grave! She was fucking dying, Rachel." She breathes heavily at me and I turn around to walk away and let them fight over whatever. Jeanette forgot, she was dying. When you feel death, are put in a traumatic situation, you're not always the most reliable. I walk over to the campfire where Toni and Martha are still at. Toni looking at Martha's ankle. I walk over and crouch down to get a better look. Toni turns to glance at me as she notices another presence.