A Battle of Brothers

A cry tore from my lips as Alex's fist swung straight for Paxton's jaw. I watched in horror as Paxton let out a grunt, quickly checking with his hand, prodding nearly every area on his face to make sure he was alright. Alex hadn't gotten him too bad. His lip was swollen, though and a bump on his lip protruded, making me fear for what was going to happen next.

"Good luck kissing her now." Alex grunted, his eyes narrowed into two enraged slits as he stared at Paxton's swollen lip. Paxton watched him in shock, taken aback.

"Alex, stop!" I told him firmly, rushing in between the two. There was worry all over my face, "Please, Alex, just stop."

He looked down to me for the first time, his gray eyes wide as he realized how worried I was. I tried to calm them down, "Guys, you don't have to fight. We can all just-"

Before I could even finish, Alex let out a loud grunt as I felt a gust of wind over my head. I looked up, panicked to see that Paxton had swung back.

I let out another quick scream as Alex toppled backwards, a hand over his pained eye, grimacing from the pain. I turned around, grabbing Paxton by his arms, "Are you serious right now?" I half-asked, bewildered.

Paxton's eyes lit up with anger. "Heh heh. Good luck trying to look at her now." he cackled at Alex in a mimicking tone.

It's like I wasn't even here. This wasn't the Paxton I knew.

"Paxton!" I yelled in his face loudly, getting his attention.

"What? He started it!" He said childishly.

"It doesn't matter! End it!" I screamed, throwing his arms down with all the force I had in me.

Which was a lot. I was pretty mad.

Soon enough, the little people standing around had formed around us, creating a small circle. The number of bystanders was slowly accumulating to be a much bigger number than I'd hoped.

Alex winced, his eye in pain. I turned away from Paxton and towards Alex. I moved to go to his side to help him up, but within a blink of an eye I felt a gust of wind hit my face. I turned just in time to see the end of Alex tackling Paxton to the ground, with one eye and everything already swinging again at Paxton, this time hitting him in the jaw.

"Stop!" I cried again, even though I knew it wasn't working.

Paxton swung again, hitting Alex in the stomach. He let out another grunt, having all the wind knocked out of him. They both looked as if they'd pass out. I heard murmurs in the crowd standing around us to go call the nurse, and I watched as one ran off to get her. In the mean time, Alex and Paxton continued to swing at each other as I tried to separate the two.

"I hate you!" Paxton grimaced right after Alex took a swing at his gut.

"Not as much as I hate you!" Alex yelled, grabbing Paxton by his head and bringing him into a headlock.

"I hate you so much more than you could ever hate me!"

"I kind of doubt that!"

Swing.

All the other punches had been pretty good, but when Paxton swung quickly for the last time, you could tell he used everything he had just to end it. Alex looked as if he was about to black out. I let out a screech and rushed over to help him up, grabbing onto his torso for dear life, but he was too heavy. A few other people I didn't know that were bystanders came to help him stand up straight. He weighed me down to the point where my knees started to buckle and it felt as if he was using none of his own will to help himself up. I stole a glance at his face; he had a big black eye and a swelling right cheek from where Paxton had just punched him, and other cuts and bruises.