After the Storm

Family day was over.

Apparently, all you had to do was sign your family in, and that was barely it. Victoria was a bit depressed she didn't get to use her plan to the fullest.

"See you guys later." I said, embracing Will, Victoria, and my friends in a big bear hug, as they waited outside the taxi that'd take them back to the airport, whisking them away from me. Rain pelted our heads above, only adding onto the depressing atmosphere that surrounded us.

"Love you, Ronnie," Victoria said, squeezing me tightly. Slowly, we separated, and everyone filed into the taxi, driving away as I waved goodbye to them. I sighed and hung my hoodie over my head. I changed out of my stupid girl clothes and put on converse, jeans, a t-shirt and jacket.

Today was terrible. Alex had run off god knows where...again. I was sure he was fine, though, just shaken up. But still, I couldn't shake off what his dad had said. Murderer? Alex was not a murder, I could tell. He had obviously done a lot of bad things, but murder-no. Murder was not one of them.

Then, as if from no where, out into the distance sitting on a bench, I saw a figure. It could be only one person, I thought, as I walked over. "A-Alex?" I said as I approached him.

He spun around, his whole body drenched with rain, "O-Oh," He said, his face getting red, "Ron...what are you doing here?"

"What about you?" I mumbled, sitting down next to him.

He frowned, "...Touché."

I chuckled, tapping my feet in the puddles that formed on the ground, "Um...I'm sorry about your parents."

"No worries," Alex responded immediately, "I'm way used to it."

I furrowed my brows, "Was he always that mean?"

Alex pondered for a moment, twiddling with his thumbs idly. "No." He said hoarsely.

I would've asked what made him like that, but seeing the pain in Alex's eyes, I decided it could wait. It was odd enough to see him so quiet and so hurt.

"Um, and when he called you a..." I could barely form the word.

"Murderer?" He spat, venom in his voice, like it was sandpaper against his tongue, which it probably was.

"Yeah," I mumbled, molding my hands together nervously, wishing I hadn't asked in the first place.

"It's a really long story."

"You don't have to tell me," I said quietly, "I know you don't want to talk about."

Alex turned to me, his eyes wide and dull, in stead of their normal bright blue. "Thanks," He said, genuine gratitude in his voice.

I smiled ear to ear, "No problemo." I said, "And besides, who needs him? You don't need that jerk in your life bringing you down." I said, punching him playfully on his arm.

Alex's smile dissolved and he looked back down at his feet, "Easier said then done." He mumbled under his breath.

I opened up my mouth to say something, but only air came out. A huge twang of thunder emanated from the sky, but neither of us were scared; we'd had more then enough of that today.

I glanced back at Alex, and sat in shock as I saw a fat droplet of water slide down his cheek.

It wasn't rain.

Instead of saying something, I simply just watched the sky like Alex was doing. The rain pelted our faces, but I didn't mind. And just like that we stayed until the clouds retreated and our hearts felt whole again.