Break your little Heart

Alex's POV

"Twinkle, twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are; up above the world so high, like a diamond in the sky!" The annoying guy dressed like a hobo sang after singing a million endless Christmas songs, strumming his guitar in front of a fire, as groups of people began to form around him and away from the madness that was going on inside.

I leaned on the side of the house, still feeling like I should be rubbing hand sanitizer on my mouth, as he sang.

"Twinkle, twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are!" He finished, getting a round of applause from the people sitting cross legged by the cackling fire. How people got so much entertainment from an altercation of a kid's song was beyond me.

There was a slight pause, and I peered back inside the window to see if I could spot Ron. She was no where to be found. I sighed and leaned back against the wall, buttoning up my jacket against the cool winter air. Suddenly, I heard the music notes start to pick up as the familiar sound struck me.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are gray," The guitarist sang solemnly, tapping his foot along to the rhythm on the cool white snow.

Suddenly, I'd heard the whole group of people in front of the fire start to pick it up and sing it as a chorus, a choir of unrehearsed voices singing that one song.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine!"

I sighed and looked over my left shoulder, not quite sure what I was looking for anymore, until I saw two figures in the distance. One was about a foot shorter then the other, and the short one seemed to be very petite compared to the taller one. They were taking a walk under the stars, chattering it up. It almost mocked me in my search to find Ron. Stupid kids.

"You make me happy when skies are gray!"

That was when I took a closer look. I squinted my eyes, and basked in the moonlit glow I saw that the taller creature was Adamson. I scoffed and looked over, feeling an almost sudden pain in my chest. I doubled over, practically, when I saw Ron standing next to him, bumping against him every so often. I felt my mouth drop a little.

I spun my head around, not wanting to see this. There was only reason they'd be out in the middle of the night, taking a stroll through the snow. They...They liked each other. The situation finally sunk into my brain...They liked each other? I sighed. So what; it didn't bother me...Still, it wasn't a very nice way to end Christmas. Temping fate, I looked over again quickly.

But it does bother you, Alex.

No it doesn't.

Please, believe me. I'm the brain; the only source of knowledge in this bleak cavern known as your body.

He'd got me there.

I looked over once, and saw them together, staring at each other like they were the only thing in the world; sucking my whole world up just staring at it.

"You'll never know, dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away."