Mistletoe

Alex's POV

Ah, crap.

I looked around for Ron or any sign of Adamson, but all I could see was a bunch of creepy guys and even creepier girls. This place was like a toxic wasteland. Of course, I had to be here on Christmas. I didn't even see a Christmas tree, for god's sake!

"Um, Alex?" I heard a preppy voice beckon, a finger tapping my shoulder. I spun around and saw Stephanie batting her eyelashes. Ah, this girl was annoying me.

"Yes?" I said impatiently, standing on my toes to see if I could spot Ron. Where could she be?

She laughed airily, "What are you doing?"

"Looking for someone." I said under my breath, biting my lip. I then noticed something and turned back to her, my eyes squinted, "Where's Parker?"

She sighed, as if she didn't want to talk about him, "Parker? Oh, he's over by the drink table. He won't leave me alone." She said, biting her lip.

I scrunched my nose. What was her problem? "Well, that's rude."

She giggled, "What's the big deal, anyway?"

"Parker's my friend, Stephanie. That's the big deal." I spat defensively, "And he really likes you, so don't talk about him that way!"

For a moment she looked shocked. Then, all of a sudden, I saw her lips turn upward into a smug smile, and hear eyelashes began to bat again like something was in her eyes, "But what if I like someone else?" She said softly, taking a long stride closer to me, and I suddenly felt her two hands on my chest.

I felt my face get hot and I backed up out of her grasp, feeling my back up against the wall. "Uh, that's too bad, then." I said quickly, blurting out all my words as if they were one sentence.

She twirled her golden hair on her index finger, biting her lip, "Not really." She said, getting even closer to me, and I felt hands on my face. She pulled me closer to her until I was eye level with her, my own reflection in her big green orbs. I looked terrified.

"Stephanie..." I said, not able to get any other words out.

"Yes?" She slurred, running a hand through my hair. I felt my heart beat rapidly increase; but this didn't feel right. Suddenly a picture of Ron's innocent, happy-go-lucky smile flashed through my brain, every detail as vivid as if she were right in front of me. I winced, feeling a sudden pain.

"W-What's wrong?" Stephanie said, noticing my pain.

"Just get off of me!" I barked, pushing her away from me, the volume of my voice even surprising me. I still saw Ron in my brain, and every moment we'd ever had together flipped through my memory like a slideshow.

She didn't seem to get the hint, and I felt her hands on my face again. "C'mon, Alex. Everything's fine!"

"No. It's. Not!" I said, "You stupid... floozy!" I added, feeling quite content with my use of vocabulary.

It seemed to bounce right off of her, because she kept grinning stupidly, "It's fine, Alex. Just go with it." And at that very moment, her lips were on mine, and Ron's face was gone.

So I did the only thing humanely possible.

I spit in her mouth.

She flinched and backed away, shuddering as she wiped her hand with her mouth. She stared at me with disbelief, "Ew! That's disgusting!"

I winked at her, "Comes with the territory, babe."

She flinched and spit out whatever saliva was still in her mouth, "But, why?" She said, genuine sadness displayed in her big eyes.

"Because I'm not a jerk. I don't do that to my friends." I said, smiling. And with that, I saw her glare at me one last time with a look of disgust before I kept on moving, on my mission to find Ron and wish her a Merry Christmas and tell her how special she was.